Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'm needing information on contract and switching phones please help!!

Can I get new phone while on a three year contract (i have a iphone 4s and have about a year and a half left) or would I have to buy a phone outright? Would I have to put that on my contract or would i need a contract extension? Or do I just have to wait until the contract is up?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can use a different phone but you'll need to buy it outright. You'll also need to stay on the iphone contract plan, since changing to a different one will result in a contract termination fee.
So would I then need to get an android or another IPhone to stay on the plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Any phone you want, but data won't work with any blackberry but the z10 or the q10.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I was under the impression that you also have the option to cancel your current contract (if the plan is not to your liking) by paying for the remaining subsidy on your iPhone 4S (ex. [subsidy/length of contract] x months remaining). Then you can choose any plan/phone Koodo has to currently offer including putting your new phone on one of those fancy new Tabs
Userlevel 6
Hi Chelsie, Timo and Dennis are both right 🙂 ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dennizup wrote:

you have to wait until the contract ends in your iPhone..If you surely need to buy a phone and ch...

This thread was answered over 2 months ago and has had no activity since. Please don't necro old threads just to flog unlocking sites.