Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'm being charged for data that a Koodo rep actually used

I took my phone to the Koodo store for repair, and when setting up the loaner phone, the Koodo rep did not turn off data. As soon as he was done setting it up I asked him how to turn off data, because I don't have a data-plan, so he turned it off then and showed me where the option was. Anyway, I now have a $15 charge on my account for the data used at that time. It wasn't even in my possession yet, so how do I go about contacting Koodo to resolve this? Thanks in advance

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call koodo customer service and tell them what happened and they will be able to tell what device it was (loaner) and how long after it was activated and where it was activated and whatever data was used up at that time and be able to help you. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Call koodo customer service and tell them what happened and they will be able to tell what device...

Thank you!

Call koodo customer service and tell them what happened and they will be able to tell what device...

I want to have the data disabled on my phone.  Can this only be done with a phone call to customer service?  And will I be charged for this phone call??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Change my monthly add-on > Data block with pics msg ($2/mo)

I don't think they are offering complete data block ($0) any more.
Userlevel 6
What was the data used for in the set up if you have no data plan? You don't need email set up or anything else, so it doesn't make sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

What was the data used for in the set up if you have no data plan? You don't need email set up or...

They could still use all that stuff over wifi, that's how I use mine mainly with only a couple hundred Mb of data in my plan.
Chris Petersens wrote:

What was the data used for in the set up if you have no data plan? You don't need email set up or...

Yeah, I don't use internet if I'm not on wifi
Userlevel 7
If you're using your Koodo phone to call Koodo, dial *611 instead of the 1888 number. It's a free call this way and doesn't come out of your daytime minutes.
Ahmad wrote:

If you're using your Koodo phone to call Koodo, dial *611 instead of the 1888 number. It's a free...

Thank you!
Well, the guy refunded 10 of the 15$. That's at least a bit better