Koodo Community

Community

I love this community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's not often I offer praise, only when it is well deserved. It's not often I use the word "love", except for my family. But I must say, this community is really special. I know there are some potential rewards involved (mobile master, winning a phone, recognition, etc...) but I can tell this is not the mean reason why people are here. Everybody is just so friendly and helpful! This is a really nice place, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Thanks, everyone 🙂

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Not to play devil's advocate or to lessen your post, but A LOT of people are ONLY here for either MM or winning the contest. Otherwise, they wouldn't. I can say that the current MMs are genuine because we all started posting before the community even came out on the facebook page. We posted to legitimately help people with no rewards in mind.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Not to play devil's advocate or to lessen your post, but A LOT of people are ONLY here for either...

I do know that Ahmad, and I agree with you 100%. I'm not that stupid 🙂 And no, my praise was certainly not directed at such people (you may understand why I did not give praise "with the exception of such and so" though, lol). In the end though, you will find that the genuine ones will survive... people who love to assist others, and who have a passion for technology and/or cell phones. People who ONLY do things for rewards will give up eventually, and fade away. I'm part of a few online communities (not cell phone related, and not commercial), I run a successful (pet related) forum. It is amazing how people can devote their life to a forum or a cause, even without any rewards at all. Most don't even get a "thank you", yet they continue to be helpful, day in and day out. So I'll include you in the praise I gave above, you are (maybe not THE, but close to) number one. I just did not name names, because frankly I haven't participated long enough to know who's what and who. I know one thing for sure though. You can call yourself a rightful owner of this praise 🙂 It was meant for people like you... lock, stock and barrel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Not to play devil's advocate or to lessen your post, but A LOT of people are ONLY here for either...

Another thought, if I may 🙂 About this winning the contest. It is true that having more points improves one's chance of winning, but in the end, the Law of Probability will rule. It is not at all unlikely that someone who never made a post, but signed up with 1 point will get it in the end - and I'd be very happy if they do 😃
Userlevel 3
Ahmad wrote:

I have no interest in the contest yet I'm here when I can. I like helping out, I know one day it will be returned in kind when I have a question. It simply is better world when people are helping one another. I know it sounds a little cheesy but there is reason why this is called a community. 🙂
Ahmad wrote:

Yes!!!! Koodo Karma!!!! I love it!!!
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Aww thanks for the support Sophia:)
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

You just wrote what I had in mind ((you will find that the genuine ones will survive)), Last month I closed my account because of some attacks directed personally to some posters, when I checkd back again and found out that those unecessary attacks stoped, I did reopen my account, not to win a contest, but just trying to help other posters as I could.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Nice thoughts 🙂 You will find abusers, trolls and vigilantes (they can be worst, in fact I have seen them help destroy one beloved game community of ours) in any group. This one will most likely attract geeks and young males... and they would be by their very nature a bit more "aggressive" than say a middle aged women knitting club. But, so far I do like it here and I'm not leaving... just yet 😃
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

You're welcome Sophia to the "World of Wireless Volunteers"...!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Thanks Mat, and you welcome back then 🙂