Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I hear Koodo will UNLOCK your Phone For FREE on a SIM ONLY PLAN

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/08/09/koodo-will-unlock-your-phone-for-free-with-a-sim-only-plan/ "In what is a first for a Canadian carrier, Telus discount provider Koodo is offering to unlock users’ smartphones for free with the activation of a SIM-only plan. ... Koodo is going one step further by offering free phone unlocking — a $35 value — and a free SIM card when activating a “bring your own device” plan." is this still valid? In Toronto.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
I think that was a promo, just like a sale.....the other day I asked the shops as I wanted to bring someone over to koodo. They will still unlock other carriers' phones but it's $35. And they can't do iPhone unlocks except their own.
Chris Petersens wrote:

I think that was a promo, just like a sale.....the other day I asked the shops as I wanted to bri...

Where does one go to get a Koodo phone unlocked? We purchased ours at a Future Shop.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

I think that was a promo, just like a sale.....the other day I asked the shops as I wanted to bri...

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-i-am-eligible-to-get-my-koodo-phone-unlocked
Thanks for the information Chris Petersens.
Userlevel 6
Anytime Mr. Rogers. 🙂
Hey Chris. Off Topic - But, do you know if KOODO will charge for SIM CARD upon new activation? Putting UNLOCK aside, does KOODO offer free SIM card if I bring over my own device.
Userlevel 6
Ken Rogers wrote:

Hey Chris. Off Topic - But, do you know if KOODO will charge for SIM CARD upon new activation? ...

Koodo doesn't.....others do. More specifically monthly plans have no SIM card charge prepaid does but come with some airtime.
Ken Rogers wrote:

Hey Chris. Off Topic - But, do you know if KOODO will charge for SIM CARD upon new activation? ...

I had to pay for my sim card when I activated a sim only
Userlevel 6
Ken Rogers wrote:

Yes and you would. If you buy a phone from them you won't. I think maybe the cost of the sim is but into the price of a phone. If you are not buying the phone you pay. There is still no free lunch in this world. 🙂
Ken Rogers wrote:

Understood. Thanks Keith and Chris for you feedback!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shana_khan wrote:

Is that so? Are free unlocking service are reliable?Am asking this because one of my friend got ...

The above is a scam do not use