Feedback
I have no service | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

I have no service

• 13 September 2021
  • 12 replies

I've spent most of today (since 9am, going on 11 hours) with no service. Can't make calls, texts or use data. I sent a text this morning when I woke up that made it to it's destination, but soon after had this issue. My bill is paid up, I've restarted my phone many times. Nothing. Any suggestions? I'm on a Google Pixel 2XL.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where you are residing? How about other people around you?, Did their phone work normally?

You could find their outage map here https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages Also, try to reset network settings ofyour phone. Sometimes that would help.

I am in Calgary Canada. No one I know has had any issues today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to make sure, have you checked your self-serve to make sure there isn’t something wrong with it? (you mentioned you paid the bill but there could be various other reasons that can render your phone useless).

If there was no outage in the area, I would suggest you reset network settings of the phone. Also, if possible, try to test the SIM in another phone and check if the issue was from the phone or SIM or not.

Reset my network settings, no fix. I'll at least take out the sim and reinsert it now, no other phone to test on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Reset my network settings, no fix. I'll at least take out the sim and reinsert it now, no other phone to test on.

I have flagged a Koodo rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Cody Schubert are you still having issues with the network and have no service?

Hi @Cody Schubert are you still having issues with the network and have no service?

Yes, still no service this morning. I have a little x in the top corner over where my service bars.

Userlevel 3

@Cody Schubert

For good measure, you might want to check a few basic things first:

• Toggle Airplane more on/off. Restart phone.
  • Log into self-serve and check that there isn't any obvious issues with your accont showing there.
  • Turn off the phone, remove sim card, replace SIM card, turn on phone.
  • Test SIM card in another phone if possible
  • Go into mobile network settings, cellular networks, and check network is set to “Choose automatically” (you could try manually selecting Koodo too, or confirm you see ANY networks in the list before switching back to Automatic) - Check preferred network mode is LTE/WCDMA. If GSM only is chosen, you will get nothing as Koodo (Telus) does not operate a GSM network.

Hope this helps until a Koodo rep gets in touch with you!

PS: You might want to edit your community forum account here to not be your real name - this is a public forum, if you want to keep private details private.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would visit a friend or family to test Your sim in their phone. Or you can visit a kiosk and test your sim in the rep's phone and their sim in your phone. 

I am just outside of Calgary and I am experiencing the same issues with all my Koodo phones. There definitely is something going on in this area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am just outside of Calgary and I am experiencing the same issues with all my Koodo phones. There definitely is something going on in this area.

Do you have friends or family in the area also experiencing the same? 

Do you have friends or family in the area also experiencing the same? 

I have heard from other people in my neighbourhood they are having issues. I just got off support with Telus and they confirmed there are some issues that are currently being worked on. From their outage page: https://www.telus.com/en/ab/outages

Active outage

Airdrie, Alberta

Start Time: September 15, 1:06 PM

Last Updated: September 15, 3:00 PM

Impacted services

Mobile - Text

Mobile - Voice

Mobile - Data

Cause

Under investigation

Details

Mobility services are currently experiencing a disruption, which may result in you being unable to access the internet, send/receive text messages, or make/receive calls, from your mobile device.