Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a very old phone with no sim card and I'd like to upgradeand keep my current rate plan. Possible?

I have a very old phone (RAzr) with no sim card and I'd like to upgrade to an unlocked Moto G. My current rate plan is Serving Size 50 ($15 a month). Will I be able to keep this rate plan with the new phone?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think that you can keep a CDMA phone plan when upgrading, but I could be wrong. I'll check.
Userlevel 5
Ivan wrote:

I don't think that you can keep a CDMA phone plan when upgrading, but I could be wrong. I'll check.

Hmm,  I never thought of that.
Ivan wrote:

Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Is it a Pre-paid or Monthly plan?     Either way you just need to Purchase a Sim at a Koodo Kiosk and update your phone and SIM info on Self Serve.
No Plan change required 🙂

Wait and see what info Ivan gets you.
Spence wrote:

Is it a Pre-paid or Monthly plan?     Either way you just need to Purchase a Sim at a K...

It's a monthly plan. I was going to buy an unlocked phone at Staples. Moto E 2nd Generation.

Userlevel 7
Wait, upgrade to an unlocked Moto G? Koodo doesn't sell it unlocked - in fact, no carrier does. Are you getting the Moto G from another source? If so, then yes, your plan would still work.
I was going to buy an unlocked phone at Staples. Sorry, not Moto G. Moto E 2nd Generation.
Userlevel 7
Since you're buying the phone yourself the yes you can keep your plan, however you need to buy a koodo postpaid sim card for 5$ from a kiosk or other retailer. You can then swap your service over to the sim card via self serve.
OK, cool. Thanks for the info. The sim card is a one-time purchase?
Userlevel 7
Andrea Trace wrote:

Should be
Userlevel 7
Andrea Trace wrote:

Yes, unless you switch to another phone in the future that uses a different size or it becomes defective.