Koodo Community

I have a Koodo SIM card which i got for free while doing my biometrics in India

• 14 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Is there anyone who can give me an idea on how to activate it before reaching Canada. Thank you 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not sure about doing it out of country. Is this prepaid or postpaid? When are you entering Canada?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there anyone who can give me an idea on how to activate it before reaching Canada. Thank you 

I presume this is a prepaid card. You will need to activate your SIM card first and then register your Self-Serve account. https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/en/on/prepaid/koodo/consumer/activation

Since you do not have a Canadian credit card, you will need to top up with vouchers. The best way and recommended method would be to go to the nearest store in Canada, but that would mean waiting until you arrive in Canada.

If you want to do it before you arrive, there are certain websites where you can buy prepaid top-up vouchers. I can’t guarantee whether it is legit or not, but you can try at your own risk. 

Here are some of the websites (in no particular order):

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@syril while I can’t help with your question (and I see you’ve had a helpful response already from @MilkyWay ), I am curious what doing one’s biometrics means?  I’m assuming it has a local context but that context is lost here in Canada.  To me, biometrics are ways to authenticate yourself using your fingerprint, facial recognition, etc.  For example, I unlock my phone with my fingerprint, which is using biometrics.  But I don’t know what doing biometrics means or how that would lead to a SIM card, and especially so a SIM card for a provider on another continent from where you are.  

You are of course under no obligation to explain any of this so no pressure.  I was only curious what activity you undertook and how it lead you to getting a SIM card for Koodo.  :)  Cheers.