Koodo Community

Community

Question

I bought a phone online,non-smartphone, but it dosen't support 3G sim cards? what dose that mean? can I still use it with your sim card?

I bought a phone online, it's non- smartphone, but it says it dosen't support 3G sim cards? what dose that mean? can I still use it with your sim card?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it doesnt support 3G sim cards, they you wont be able to use it with your Koodo sim card
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Shimaa, 

What's the phone you purchased!
it's called zanco bee
are you aware of any other network that can be used?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shimaa wrote:

I cannot find any specifications on what frequencies this phone runs on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shimaa wrote:

From what i found it said it works on all GSM but not 3G. By the sounds of it, it is a 2G phone which means it would work only with Rogers.
shimaa wrote:

I tried bell sim card, didn't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
shimaa wrote:

It should work with Fido too, since they're owned by Rogers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi shimaa, have you just went ahead and tried a koodo Micro SIM in it, it won't break anything just trying the SIM Card in it?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi shimaa, have you just went ahead and tried a koodo Micro SIM in it, it won't break anything ju...

I only tried bell sim card that I have for my iphone, but it didn't work. I don't have koodo sim yet
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi shimaa, have you just went ahead and tried a koodo Micro SIM in it, it won't break anything ju...

If it doesnt work for Bell, it wont work for Koodo, Telus, or Virgin either
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Here's the frequencies it works on GSM900/DCS1800 (supporting PCS 1900) won't work here

Here's the frequencies it works on GSM900/DCS1800 (supporting PCS 1900) won't work here

thank you so much