Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC One clone help

I was looking at buying an HTC One clone, because I don't have the money to buy the flagship device itself. The phone is the Cubot One, and I was wondering if it would work on the Koodo frequencies. Cubot One link: http://www.tinydeal.com/cubot-one-47-ips-mtk6589-4-core-android-42-phone-p-97990.html

15 replies

Userlevel 7
According to the frequencies listed on the website, that phone will NOT work with Koodo.
Ahmad wrote:

According to the frequencies listed on the website, that phone will NOT work with Koodo.

Thank you very much Ahmad, you saved me $200.
Sure it should work! It has the 850 WCDMA which koodo uses
Userlevel 5
Josef Izchaki wrote:

But it's missing the 1900 frequency that some towers use, so you would get less than stellar service with it. Also keep in mind this topic is 2 months old, with no responses... essentially a dead topic, please try to keep an eye on dates.
Josef Izchaki wrote:

All of virgin's towers use both 850 and 1900 mhz.
Userlevel 5
Josef Izchaki wrote:

Not sure why you brought that up. Doesn't list anything about Virgin Mobile Canada on the link and we're talking Koodo. Koodo does not have a 2G GSM network which is the only place that lists 1900 mhz on the link.
Josef Izchaki wrote:

My bad i meant Koodo, and regardless Virgin and Koodo use the same network. I am aware that Koodo has 3G/LTE only and it runs it on 850/1900 Mhz. and this phone has 850 Mhz which means you can use it on koodo. and again it is the misinformation you gave the OP which is sad since he can't afford the real one.
Userlevel 5
Josef Izchaki wrote:

Again, he was asking 2 months ago. Likely has already figured out what he's doing. And also as I said it will work on the towers that use the 850 frequency, but since the phone doesn't support the 1900 frequency he wont' have access to all of the towers and will get less than stellar service. It's not misinformation. It'll work... kinda.
Josef Izchaki wrote:

Actually no you said: "According to the frequencies listed on the website, that phone will NOT work with Koodo." Plus all of the towers have both 850 and 1900 mhz bands on Koddo.
Userlevel 5
Josef Izchaki wrote:

My name is not Ahmad, that is someone different on here. Onto the Tower issue, sure lots of them do have both but not all of them. A simple search on this site found towers in my city that have 850 only, as well as 1900 only. Make sure you select Telus only to make it easier. If you want to double check head to Red Deer Alberta, and check some of the towers in the south side of the city. http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
Josef Izchaki wrote:

Jordan you are not ahmad i am sorry! I was referring to him. Thanks for the link, i was told all of Koodo's towers have the 850 and1900 MHZ. BANDS.
Userlevel 5
Josef Izchaki wrote:

Not a problem. From my quick check it does appear most do, but since some do not it could cause issues (especially if the tower closest to his home or work is 1900 only).
Josef Izchaki wrote:

True enough.
Userlevel 7
Josef Izchaki wrote:

Josef, can you stop ignoring the fact this thread if 2 months old? I suggest you take a look at the Community guildlines for your future posts: http://fanpage.koodomobile.com/community/guidelines/
Josef Izchaki wrote:

Sure will, can you stop giving out misinformation?