Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to upgrade a phone without Account Owner present?

Is it possible for my brother (a subscriber) to upgrade a phone without the Account Owner present? If not, what procedures / authorization docs do my subscribers need to provide in order to be able to upgrade a phone on their own (without my present)? Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi there, In order for your brother to be able to upgrade his phone without the account holder is to be set up on the account as an authorized user. You can call into customer service and they can add him to the account then he can go from there. Hope that helps 🙂
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi there, In order for your brother to be able to upgrade his phone without the account holde...

thanks for the reply!
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi there, In order for your brother to be able to upgrade his phone without the account holde...

No problem, also make sure that he has the following items when he gets a new phone as they are required to do a credit check when doing so: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/do-you-perform-a-credit-check
Daniel Gunn wrote:

thanks!
Userlevel 6
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Daniel, we only do a credit check on new activations 🙂 Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Oh okay thanks Yannick! My bad