Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to unlock phone?

I called *611 and paid my $35, got my unlock code.

How would I go about unlocking it now? I believe she said I needed to enter a different SIM card and then enter the unlock code. I don't have a different SIM card, so when I sell my phone do I need to give my purchaser the unlock code and he/she can easily figure it out from there? Is it easy for them to figure out?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
When you sell the phone you can either give the other person the unlock code or borrow their sim and unlock it yourself.
Chad Burr wrote:

When you sell the phone you can either give the other person the unlock code or borrow their sim ...

Thanks. Can it still be physically unlocked with the SIM card + code if it is no longer on Koodo? I will be getting a new phone tomorrow and and taking my current phone off Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

When you sell the phone you can either give the other person the unlock code or borrow their sim ...

Yes it doesn't matter if it's active just pop in a different carriers SIM Card and you'll be prompted to enter the unlock code, enter it and ta-da it's unlocked to use on any carrier it's compatible with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You don't get the unlock prompt on the phone as long as you have a Koodo SIM in it. What triggers the unlock process is the phone seeing a "foreign" SIM.

AFAIK, there is no expiration date on unlocking.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

There is not. The code will be good whenever it's used