Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to stop Koodo messages???

Hello, I would like to know how to stop messages from Koodo, they send messages at 4 am about new promotions and stuff

11 replies

Userlevel 6
I never heard of that before. I don't even know how it would make any sense for them to do that. In any case just simply text back 'stop' and that should take care I fit.
Chris Petersens wrote:

I never heard of that before. I don't even know how it would make any sense for them to do that. ...

I tried that. It just does NOT work. It's 11:00 AM and I already received almost 20 text messages from people and group I never heard of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

I never heard of that before. I don't even know how it would make any sense for them to do that. ...

So you blocked the number and u still get the text messages?

Are you blocking them from your text messaging app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Are you receiving messages directed to the previous owner of that number? If so, you may have to reach out to them individually, and ask they remove your number from their distribution lists.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depending on your phone/app you can block their number
Userlevel 6
Hi Jennifer, that's odd! We do send text messages from time to time but not that much nor that late! Can you give us a call? We'll have a look at your account. We can be reached at *611 from your cell or 1-866-995-6636 from another phone, #5. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 2
I think Koodo should have a standard opt out option available (perhaps in self serve) for all non essential (anything other then account/service specific messages.) messages.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

I think Koodo should have a standard opt out option available (perhaps in self serve) for all non...

Koodo does. Customers have to call in and specifically request to have all telemarketting turned off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

I think Koodo should have a standard opt out option available (perhaps in self serve) for all non...

But then I was happy to have it last Christmas during the price war. Every text message was about a cheaper rate for the same plan lol
I'm not seeing the unsubscribe button ???!!!
Userlevel 6
Richard James Kiely wrote:

I'm not seeing the unsubscribe button ???!!!

What are you trying to unsubscribe from them? Emails? Thhose are the only ones with "unsubscribe button". All the way on the bottom of the email is where they usually put it. If it's texts, for those just reply back STOP. That should end promotional messages.