Koodo Community
Solved

how to remove +1 to my number?

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi. 
some people have been trying to contact me and I now found out after 3 months that some people need to include a 1 before they dial, 1 289 456 xxxx. I didn’t know this until now. Even people in my city need to do this. 

is there a way to make it so they don’t need to include the 1?  Do I have to change my phone number? All this time I’ve been giving my info out without the included 1 at the start. 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 19 November 2020, 18:33

If someone call you, then it depends on the carrier of the caller or their phone. Koodo cannot change it and changing your number doesn’t make any sense unless you want your number to be a local number so people without long distance plan can call you without any charges.

Also, smart phones can automatically add the +1 in front of the number when dialing. Most phones can do it. I also only gave out my number without +1 and haven't got any issue yet.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If they need to dial a 1 in order to call your number, that means it's a long distance call. Whether a call is long distance is determined by the numbers of the two phones involved. There is no way to change that other than to change one of the numbers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If someone call you, then it depends on the carrier of the caller or their phone. Koodo cannot change it and changing your number doesn’t make any sense unless you want your number to be a local number so people without long distance plan can call you without any charges.

Also, smart phones can automatically add the +1 in front of the number when dialing. Most phones can do it. I also only gave out my number without +1 and haven't got any issue yet.