Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to have current phone number call forward to a number you want to switch your phone too?

Hey, I am currently looking to move and need to change my phone number to keep calls local for everyone that phone me. I have been using my phone as a business line for a small business I run as well as a personal line. I am trying to find a way that would allow me to switch my phone number on my current plan but also keep my old phone number for a month to have calls forwarded to the new number while I change business cards and such and fully change my business info as to not lose clients in my current area. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to do this? Cheaper the better but I don't mind if I have to running a second account for 1 month in order to help make the transition smooth. I also only own one phone presently and not sure if I need to get a second phone in order to do call forwarding with my old number or just a second sim card? Thanks

5 replies

Call forwarding is possible and available on Koodo for $3/month. I believe you will need to keep the account/number active for a month or time period you're looking to have calls forwarded from it. Here's more details : http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/calling-features/how-do-i-use-call-forwarding Hope i helped!
Aftab wrote:

Call forwarding is possible and available on Koodo for $3/month. I believe you will need to keep...

Thanks, I had read about the call forwarding, but have been confused about how to go about having the two numbers itself and keeping the new number on my current plan rather than having to set up a second plan with a new number and than losing my plan that isn't currently offered anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I assume your dont want to lose your old plan. Unfortunately you can't have 2 numbers where you keep your old plan but with the new number, but still have your old number on a new plan call forwarding to the new number. You could always sign up for a new plan with the new number. Then have your old number with the old plan call forward to the new number. Then port your new number to the old plan. However, I dont think you can port a Koodo number over to an existing Koodo plan, which means the new number & plan need to be with Koodo prepaid or another carrier. Then you can port the number to the old plan You might want to call Koodo to confirm this. I might have confused myself going around in circles too LOL
Userlevel 5
Dennis wrote:

I assume your dont want to lose your old plan. Unfortunately you can't have 2 numbers where yo...

As far as I understand it this is 100% correct, even if slightly confusing.
Dennis wrote:

I assume your dont want to lose your old plan. Unfortunately you can't have 2 numbers where yo...

Thanks, that is kinda what I was thinking might have to happen although was hoping there would be an easier way.