Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how to get vacation mode

Put phone on vacation

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Do you mean you would like to purchase a roaming add-on?
Or would you like to suspend your service while you're gone?
Or you would just like to disable roaming and use wi-fi with it?
What's the plan James?
🙂
Userlevel 7
If you want to suspend your service and not loose your number, you will need to switch to the "Seasonal Hold" plan available in self serve. The cost is 15$/month and you will loose your current plan and have to pick a new plan when you want to start using the phone again.

If you have a grandfather plan, you may want to consider if it's worth loosing it or not. Also, max time for a seasonal hold isn 6 months.
Mathieu wrote:

If you want to suspend your service and not loose your number, you will need to switch to the "Se...

Exactly what I wand but I couldn't find it in self serve.
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

If you want to suspend your service and not loose your number, you will need to switch to the "Se...

That's odd James! Have you tried to change your monthly plan on Self Serve? The Seasonal Hold (http://koo.do/KTAdDh) should be there among other plans. Keep us posted! 
Mathieu wrote:

I just paid for a whole month rather than pay late charges. When I click on change plan all it does is blink. I used seasonal last year but it will not let me use it this year.