Koodo Community

how to get sim card to change with email for verification

I try and change my sim card when I enter the number it's all good it asks for me to choose a verification code by either email or by text I don't have the number or sim card to have a a text sent so I choose email and when I do it says email has to be registered for 48hrs what. The f#@k did that mean can someone help me

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I try and change my sim card when I enter the number it's all good it asks for me to choose a verification code by either email or by text I don't have the number or sim card to have a a text sent so I choose email and when I do it says email has to be registered for 48hrs what. The f#@k did that mean can someone help me

Did you switch carriers? If that is the case, you are supposed to respond to the port confirmation SMS from your previous carrier before you insert your Koodo SIM card.  You only have 90 minutes to respond. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

If you did not do that, you performed the steps incorrectly and were unsuccessful in your port transfer. You will need to contact the Koodo porting team at 1-844-232-7678 to help you out and fix the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a new customer? If so, what did happen to the old SIM?