Koodo Community
Question

How to cancel it all?

• 4 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey I purchased roaming for my son for his phone in June 2021, as he was going overseas.  Just for a month.  But it never worked actually.  He thinks it may have worked one time at L.A. airport for one call,  and that is it!  He was uncontactable. 

Now I looked through the credit card records and there has been nothing charged to the account ever. BUT on the bills record on the online account with Koodo it keeps charging monthly fees to us with late charges, racking up a hefty bill.   I can’t even find a Koodo payment from any of our credit cards,  not ever.

Can someone fill me in as to what is actually happening?  And what to do about it.  I don’t want a monthly charge and in 5 years time I get a bill for a million dollars,  if you know what I mean.  My son has left Canada for at least 3 years.

thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you setup pre-authorized payments on the account at any point?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like you signed up for a koodo account with a monthly plan? Or was it a prepaid paid plan?

When you wanted to stop using the account did you cancel the account? If it was a monthly plan, you would need to cancel or koofo will bill you every month. 

No pre-authorized payments were set up and it was just the roamin for one month prepaid.  But why can I not see any payments whatsoever made to Koodo on my credit card statement.  It never worked on the roaming.  and the account page is so difficult to find how to cancel anything!  Is that purposeful?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No pre-authorized payments were set up and it was just the roamin for one month prepaid.  But why can I not see any payments whatsoever made to Koodo on my credit card statement.  It never worked on the roaming.  and the account page is so difficult to find how to cancel anything!  Is that purposeful?

Could you take a screenshot of where you're seeing these late fees? Just leave out any personal info. There are no late fees on prepaid which makes me believe that you are on a postpaid account and are getting charged monthly for your services and because you didn't sign up for pre-authorized payments, your account is just racking up a big, unpaid bill.