Koodo Community

Community

How to apply a data usage block to my plan

So the plan that I have doesn't include any data. I don't want to be clicking on the browser by accident and spending money that I don't want/need to. I heard there is a way to put a block on the data services. How do I go about applying that?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have call in to koodo to request a data block
Userlevel 6
It's actually better to just simply turn off data off on your phone under settings. You are I full control that way. And you can still send picture messages by simply turning it back on. You are not charged data for that either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

It's actually better to just simply turn off data off on your phone under settings. You are I ful...

Some people prefer to restrict it completely. It's just not worth the worry for them.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

It's actually better to just simply turn off data off on your phone under settings. You are I ful...

Hmmm....interesting. I never had an issue or worry much. So, it is a "service" or add-on that koodo provides. I wonder if anyone tried to estimate what this peace of mind would be worth to people. It may be a source of potential revenue for any company then. Hey we pay for paper bills, how long before someone thinks this would be something they could charge for. 🙂