Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to access voicemail after changing phone number and province?

I have used the "selfserve" service online to obtain a new (local) phone number after moving accross province, from Alberta to Quebec. However, I don't have access to my voicemail system anymore. When I call, it says that it's a "Telus" system and ask me to enter the voicemail number for the person I wish to contact. This number is apparently not my phone number or any other number I can think of. Does anybody has an idea of how to access and set my voicemail messaging system. Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Dial your new 10 digit cell number to set up your voicemail again. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to reset up Speed Dial 1 with the new number.
Myke wrote:

Dial your new 10 digit cell number to set up your voicemail again. Unfortunately, there isn't ...

Actually, this is my problem. When I dial my 10 digit number, I end up on a Telus system and it doesn't recognize my cell phone number...so I cannot setup anything. My personal message is not even there anymore. It just asks to enter a mail box number...
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Dial your new 10 digit cell number to set up your voicemail again. Unfortunately, there isn't ...

Are you porting in a number?
Myke wrote:

"porting in a number"? Sorry I am not familiar with this. As mail box number, I have tried my 10-digit number, my 1+10-digit number, simply pressing 1, etc...but it keep telling me that it is not a recognized box number. People can't leave me messages and I can't access the system. Koodo don't say on there website if they charge if I call them about my voicemail system...do you know if they assist those things for free?
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

It sounds like you'll need to get the Voicemail service reset. Give Koodo Tech a call. *611 Option 6. There is no charge to talk to Tech Support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It isn't possible to change numbers across provinces via self serve. If you managed to do so, you must have used option 2 to port a number to Koodo from another provider. It sounds like it isn't working because it doesn't belong to Koodo.
Thanks, Tech support did reset my voicemail and now it is working... Thanks for the help