Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How long can a prepaid number be suspended before the number is lost completely?

I'm going to be abroad for the next year, and would prefer to have my service suspended and pay the $35 reconnection fee when I return, vs. pay the $15 min base plan for the next 11 months. But I want to make sure I have the same number when I return.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Matt... If your prepaid account does not receive any funds for 90 days, then you will lose your number... You could change to the 15$ base plan, and top up your account every 2 months, this will help you out to keep your number....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there Matt... If your prepaid account does not receive any funds for 90 days, then you will lo...

Camilo is absolutely correct, however it is 90 days after the number gets suspended, not 90 days from the last top up. So if you are the really brave type, you could top up just shy of every 120 days but you'd definitely be cutting it fine that way!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there Matt... If your prepaid account does not receive any funds for 90 days, then you will lo...

PS for prepaid there is no reconnection fee, you either top up with $15 to reactivate your plan, or lose the number if you don't top up in time.
Camilo_A wrote:

This is perfect, thanks for the info! 🙂
Being in a similar situation, I would like to make sure that I can pay $15 every 89 days without any penalty/reconnection/other fees?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zinneken wrote:

Being in a similar situation, I would like to make sure that I can pay $15 every 89 days without ...

In fact you only need to pay every 119 days (30 days plus 89} , so indeed, no fees. However you do walk on the wild side with that method, haha, don't ever forget it once or you will just lose your account, number and boosters without so much as a whisper... Funny enough I now realize this is basically the same answer I gave 4 months ago!
zinneken wrote:

Being in a similar situation, I would like to make sure that I can pay $15 every 89 days without ...

Oh, so any left over booster also remains intact for the 119 days, and is reactivated as soon as the $15 is paid again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zinneken wrote:

Yes, but I can't emphasize enough that it is 119 days after you renew your base plan - OR 89 days after the expiry date. Whichever calculation works best for you. And if you still lose your account, don't come knocking on MY door 😃
zinneken wrote:

Great info, thanks!
Just confirming that this worked fine for me.