Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do you set up data on a samsung rugby 3 phone?

How do you set up Koodo data on a samsung rugby 3 phone?...Customer service doesn't know how, and either does the Koodo store! Please Help!!!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Strange that customer service didn't at least refer you to Tech Support. Anyway, you'll need to setup Koodo's APN. Step1: Android 2.3 and lower Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign) Android 4.0 and higher Settings > More… > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign) *Some models might have a slightly different path Step 2: You will need to input the following info: Name Koodo APN sp.koodo.com Proxy Leave blank Port Leave blank Username Leave blank Password Leave blank Server Leave blank MMSC http ://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc MMSC proxy 74.49.0.18 MMS port 80 MCC 302 MNC 220 Authentication type Leave blank APN type Leave blank Step 3: Select Save/Done. Select Koodo to connect to the Koodo network. Your data should work normally now.
I did talk to tech support and they told me to go back to the store lol I was there and they couldn't figure it out either! I found that info already, but the problem is the OS for the phone doesn't fit any of the profiles... In settings my option is connectivity and my set up asks: Set name: Access name: Auth type: user Id: Password: protocol: Home URL: Proxy Address: Linger Time: I tried filling in some of the fields, but when I connect it says DNS failed. Any other suggestions?
Userlevel 6
cRaZy_GiRl wrote:

I did talk to tech support and they told me to go back to the store lol I was there and they coul...

Not too familiar with the Rugby, guess it's not an Android. I'll have to do some research, but I don't know if I can find anything for this.
I've been looking for hours now and have not found anything! That will teach me for having an odd ball phone lol Thanks for trying 🙂
Userlevel 6
cRaZy_GiRl wrote:

I've been looking for hours now and have not found anything! That will teach me for having an odd...

Well, it's not a complete solution, but it seems that the settings are the same as those for a Samsung Evergreen. Unfortunately I can't confirm what they are. If you can find a Koodo Evergreen you can copy those settings.