Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do the security settings work on the alcatel a392a?

How do I activate the PIN? It wants me to 'input pin', and says the 'remaining quota' is 3. I've never set a PIN. And how do I 'activate phone lock'? It asks me to 'enter new password'. Does that mean I should make up a password and enter it? What effect would that have, exactly? Would I have to enter the password every time the phone rang before I could answer?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello I think what you are looking at is the SIM pin. Have you added a SIM pin to your card? Are you using a SIM locked card from another carrier?
I bought the phone new (or so I was told) from Best Buy and have only used it with Koodo.  I don't know if there's a SIM pin on my card.  Sorry!
Userlevel 6
Hey! Are you able to use your phone? Where in your phone is it asking for you to enter your PIN? Let us know! 
I can use the phone for calling and internet.  It's asking me to enter a PIN in settings/security settings/activate PIN.  I'm trying to figure out how to set a lock on the phone, and what effect the lock would have (as I said in the first post).
Userlevel 4
Hi doggoneright!

Here are the instructions on how to activate a phone lock PIN:

Go to Settings > Select Security settings > Select Activate Phone Code > Enter your new Password, then press OK key . Enter Password again, then press OK key.

Each time you turn on your phone, it will ask you for your PIN.
Daniel wrote:

Hi doggoneright!

Here are the instructions on how to activate a phone lock PIN:

Go to Settings ...

Thanks.  I guess there's no way of having the alcatel a392a locked and turned on at the same time.  Oh well.  Dumb phone.  But it was worth every penny!