Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I retrieve voice mail messages from a landline?

Help! I am out of cell phone range for a work contract but need to be able to retrieve messages from my voice mail inbox. How do I do this? Is there a koodo number I can call from a landline? Is there some other way?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
There you go!!! Dial 10-digit handset number (local). or 1 + 10-digit handset number (if long distance). Press * to interrupt greeting. Enter password. Follow the voice prompts. Long distance charges apply on the landline phone if the customer dials long distance to retrieve messages.
When I do this, it doesn't work for me... I press the * but the message doesn't stop and I can't check my messages... 😞 Anything else I can do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karine Blouin wrote:

When I do this, it doesn't work for me... I press the * but the message doesn't stop and I can't ...

Did you press * + password?
Karine Blouin wrote:

When I do this, it doesn't work for me... I press the * but the message doesn't stop and I can't ...

Yes, and the message just keeps playing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karine Blouin wrote:

Did you use a phone that is able to send DTMF tones, Karine? When you press a number, you hear a "bleep"?
Karine Blouin wrote:

That's odd. It didn't work from my home phone. Just tried from my work phone and it worked fine. I guess it's my landline... Thank you!
I am in a similar boat. I don't have a password set up, so... how do I check my voice mail...?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tove Redeby wrote:

I am in a similar boat. I don't have a password set up, so... how do I check my voice mail...?!

Access the voicemail system through your cell phone and complete a setup including a password. Since the system can validate you through your cellphone, it will let you in to make the change.

Or, you can add a voicemail password through self-serve, if I recall.

You can't get into the voicemail system from a landline without a password, because anyone who calls it could access your private information.