Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I restart service after finding my phone, which I reported as lost?

Userlevel 1
I dropped my phone while traveling in the US so I reported it as lost and suspended the service. A good samaritan found it and returned it to me, and so I would like to start up my service again. But when I go to "lost/stolen phone" in my account it tells me I am not authorized to view the page. How do I restart service to my phone? I am traveling in the US at the moment. Is there a way to do this from abroad so that it is working when I arrive in Canada this weekend, or do I have to wait until I return to do this? Thanks for the info! Karyn

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Karyn! You might be able to dial *611 from your cellphone when in the states, they can resume services
Userlevel 1
HippieLongstocking wrote:

Hey Karyn! You might be able to dial *611 from your cellphone when in the states, they can res...

Thanks for your reply, HippieLongstocking! I don't seem to have any cell service here because I didn't realize I had to enable US roaming before leaving Canada. I was curious if there was a way to reinstate my phone through online self-service, but if not then I will give *611 a call when I get back to Canada.
Userlevel 3

Hey Karyn! You might be able to dial *611 from your cellphone when in the states, they can res...

Hey Karyn, 

If you would like to use your phone while there, you can also send us an authenticated email at this secured link: http://koo.do/11eMLdy, choosing Social Media-Koodo Community as a category and we can assist you with this. Please remember to log in to your Self-Serve when prompted.

Many thanks!
Userlevel 1

I don't need my phone down here in the US, but I'll give *611 a call as soon as I'm back. Or should I use this online link? PS, Will I be charged to reinstate the phone?
Userlevel 6

Hi Karyn, you can either call or send an email, it's up to you 🙂 You won't be charged to restore service! Have a great day!
Userlevel 1

You won't be charged, because as per the Wireless Code they are not allowed to charge for suspending/reactivating a lost/stolen device.
Userlevel 1

I tried logging in but it sent me back to my account and I can't find where to reactivate the phone, which is why I came here in the first place. I think I will just call. Thanks!