Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how do i reactivate a lost phone when i find it

I want to suspend my service in case I have really lost my phone, however I believe I know where it is. Unfortunately it is 3000 km away and I will only be able to retrieve it in about a week. How hard is it to reactivate?
icon

Best answer by Curtules 1 May 2014, 17:24

Activating the line is easy, you just do it in Self Serve under the Mobile Phone tab. However, if you signalled it lost or stolen via Self Serve the system automatically blocklists the IMEI so no one can take advantage of "finders/keepers" and use your phone on any North American network, unlocked or not. In order to remove the phone from this blacklist you'll have to call Koodo at 1-866-995-6636. But don't worry, unflagging the IMEI is really easy for the agent to do so you shouldn't be talking to them long.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Activating the line is easy, you just do it in Self Serve under the Mobile Phone tab. However, if you signalled it lost or stolen via Self Serve the system automatically blocklists the IMEI so no one can take advantage of "finders/keepers" and use your phone on any North American network, unlocked or not. In order to remove the phone from this blacklist you'll have to call Koodo at 1-866-995-6636. But don't worry, unflagging the IMEI is really easy for the agent to do so you shouldn't be talking to them long.