Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how do i get the prompt for unlocking my samsung phone now that i have the unlock code?

How do i get the prompt for unlocking my samsung phone now that i have the unlock code?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
You need to turn off your phone and insert a SIM from another carrier. This will prompt you for the unlocking code. EDIT: It does not have to be an active SIM at all. Any SIM will do as long as it's not from Koodo or Telus. 🙂
thank you! but now when i enter the unlock code from the email from koodo, it says it's unsuccessful and i only have 9 more tries! shouldn't the code from the email work?
Userlevel 6
Amy Drover wrote:

thank you! but now when i enter the unlock code from the email from koodo, it says it's unsucc...

Absolutely, it should! Whatever you do, do NOT go through all 10 tries, because then you won't be able to unlock *at all*. Please, wait until tomorrow, call again and ask for a new code.
Amy Drover wrote:

thank you! but now when i enter the unlock code from the email from koodo, it says it's unsucc...

ok thanks so much for your help!
Userlevel 6
Amy Drover wrote:

I'm curious to know if koodo gives you another code. Let us know how things unfold Amy.