Koodo Community
Solved

How do I get a human on the line???

Hi. I’ve recently switched my smartphone to Koodo, but cannot do anything on my phone but make calls. I call the support line only to get a recorded message with no option to speak to a human, and I’m sent a link that (when I’m able to click it) tells me the service is ‘temporarily unavailable. It’s been ‘unavailable’ for DAYS. So how would you suggest that I get some technical support???

icon

Best answer by RJam 22 July 2021, 23:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you port over or just start a new line?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi. I’ve recently switched my smartphone to Koodo, but cannot do anything on my phone but make calls. I call the support line only to get a recorded message with no option to speak to a human, and I’m sent a link that (when I’m able to click it) tells me the service is ‘temporarily unavailable. It’s been ‘unavailable’ for DAYS. So how would you suggest that I get some technical support???

Assuming you recently ported over to Koodo, did you check your Self-Serve portal to see if your port transfer was successful?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

People here are pretty good at technical support, try us :D You say you can make calls but nothing else works. Are you talking about receiving calls, sending texts, use data? Can you login to self serve and does it show your own number?

Hi all! I ported over, the port transfer was successful. I’m sporadically able to access data, but it’s taking literally MINUTES to load any web page, and most of the time i just give up. I’ve tried disconnecting wifi to use data only, doesn’t help. I’ve enabled cellular data. I’ve reset network settings, removed and replaced the SIM card, nothing seems to help. 

Thanks for the quick responses… it’s been nearly a week and I’m going nuts!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi all! I ported over, the port transfer was successful. I’m sporadically able to access data, but it’s taking literally MINUTES to load any web page, and most of the time i just give up. I’ve tried disconnecting wifi to use data only, doesn’t help. I’ve enabled cellular data. I’ve reset network settings, removed and replaced the SIM card, nothing seems to help. 

Thanks for the quick responses… it’s been nearly a week and I’m going nuts!

Did you restart your phone? Have you already changed your APN settings after the port transfer was successful? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

I should add that everything is indicating that I have no internet connection (Safari, Messenger, iMessages), and messages all fail… but then are sent after a few minutes. I can’t make video calls or do anything involving data - except after a significant wait. It’s like I’m able to access data for a few seconds every couple of minutes - it’s the weirdest thing. 

’I’m on an iPhone XS, fully updated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I should add that everything is indicating that I have no internet connection (Safari, Messenger, iMessages), and messages all fail… but then are sent after a few minutes. I can’t make video calls or do anything involving data - except after a significant wait. It’s like I’m able to access data for a few seconds every couple of minutes - it’s the weirdest thing. 

As I mentioned earlier, did you change your APN settings after porting to Koodo?

As I mentioned earlier, did you change your APN settings after porting to Koodo?

I have updated the carrier settings, yes…

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have updated the carrier settings, yes…

I flagged a Koodo rep to see if they can help you out. They may need to provision your settings.

Thanks for your help, all… Koodo has escalated the ticket for my connection issues, and have raised another as I’m currently unable to access Koodo Assist for some unknown reason. Lol

Userlevel 6

Thanks for your help, all… Koodo has escalated the ticket for my connection issues, and have raised another as I’m currently unable to access Koodo Assist for some unknown reason. Lol

@RJam Thanks for letting us know. If you need further assistance, please update us here :)

Finally figured this one out, after much googling and testing. Turns out this was related to a VPN app on my phone and iPad which has now been removed. Problem solved! :) Thanks again for the help!