Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I tell if my phone is locked to Koodo

i was wondering if you could tell me if my serial was locked to koodo, its 85052373edg

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only way to tell is if you put a SIM Card from another provider in it. Did you buy it from koodo? - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

The only way to tell is if you put a SIM Card from another provider in it. Did you buy it from ko...

I have an iphone6. It was locked to Bell but I unlocked it and moved my plan to Koodo. Will it be locked to Koodo since it was brought there unlocked already?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

The only way to tell is if you put a SIM Card from another provider in it. Did you buy it from ko...

Nope! Once the phone is unlocked it will stay that way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As far as I know, the only phone koodo ever sold unlocked was the nexus s, because it came that way.
Userlevel 6
If you bought it from Koodo it's locked to them (unless it's a Nexus as previously stated). To unlock it I recommend www.OttawaPC.com and enter promo code "jbdisc" at checkout for a discounted rate.
John Burke wrote:

If you bought it from Koodo it's locked to them (unless it's a Nexus as previously stated). To...

That link takes me to just a search page? Redirects to ww2.Ottawapc.com
John Burke wrote:

If you bought it from Koodo it's locked to them (unless it's a Nexus as previously stated). To...

Ah, ottawapc.ca or .net redirects to the correct site.
Userlevel 6
John Burke wrote:

Ya my bad, sorry. Should be CA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

Is it cheaper than GSM LIBERTY?
John Burke wrote:

Maybe it's cheaper with the discount code, but they want 40 bucks to unlock my phone. Gsm liberty wants 30. I went with mobileincanada.com, they charged 20
Userlevel 7
John Burke wrote:

@Aaron how long did it take to get code?
John Burke wrote:

Just shy of 24hrs as I remember. I remember I was starting to think I got ripped off, and just as I was about to e-mail them out came in my inbox
Userlevel 7
John Burke wrote:

Ugh ebay was faster. I see on their site codes apparently served within minutes.
John Burke wrote:

Yeah, not for Samsung apparently lol.
Userlevel 2
John Burke wrote:

Hey Darren, 85052373edg is not a serial number that Koodo phones have. Koodo's serial numbers either start with 2684(cdma), 015(cdma) or 355(hspa) 🙂.
Userlevel 2
John Burke wrote:

What kind of phone is it?
Userlevel 1
John Burke wrote:

When I unlocked my Samsung S2, it took just over 24 hours to get my code but when I unlocked my Motorola Razr HD, I had it in 12 minutes. You can unlock most Android phones for $7.99 no tax with http://www.cellunlocker.net/
John Burke wrote:

Niiiice. I'll try that out the next time I need an unlock. So does anybody know how one actually generates the unlock code?
John Burke wrote:

nvm, I decided not to be lazy and googled it myself. The sites that sell the codes, if they're not resellers, buy them directly from samsung, htc, etc in bulk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

GSM LIBERTY took like 15 minutes to get the unlock code both times I used it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
freezengal wrote:

Just try to swap koodo sim card in it and check whether it works fine.. If not you need to unlock...

stop spaming this forum and posting on old threads. If you want to suggest your unlocking service with ridiculously high prices do so on questions that are no older than a couple days and that are not marked as answered. Why would anyone use your service when it's cheaper to get the carrier to unlock the device and it doesn't void your warranty which your service does? After December 2nd unlocking a device will become free of charge for those who pay full price for their devices as well incase ppl want to know. Have a great day 😉
Userlevel 7
harinisteven wrote:

If you insert the chip it would ask for code,you can get unlock code from http://www.onlinegsmunl...

^^^^^^ spam