Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How Can i keep my number while switching phones & plans?

I currently have a koodo phone on a prepaid plan. I just bought another (koodo locked) phone. I would like to switch over to my new phone, keep my current number, but change my plan to a monthly plan. Can i do this? And if so how?
icon

Best answer by Sophia 18 July 2014, 19:13

Sure you can, easy 🙂 You'll need to visit a Koodo kiosk, they will set you up with a plan and will give you a SIM card to insert in your new phone. Also you'll need two pieces of ID and pass a credit check, as well as be of legal age in your province. That's all 🙂 Then tell them you currently have a prepaid number, and they'll port that over to your new postpaid plan. You should definitely ask them to transfer your current credit, not sure if they'll do it but won't hurt to ask! Also, because you probably won't be buying yet another phone, ask to get a 10% discount on your plan!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sure you can, easy 🙂 You'll need to visit a Koodo kiosk, they will set you up with a plan and will give you a SIM card to insert in your new phone. Also you'll need two pieces of ID and pass a credit check, as well as be of legal age in your province. That's all 🙂 Then tell them you currently have a prepaid number, and they'll port that over to your new postpaid plan. You should definitely ask them to transfer your current credit, not sure if they'll do it but won't hurt to ask! Also, because you probably won't be buying yet another phone, ask to get a 10% discount on your plan!