Koodo Community
Solved

How can I contact a human customer service rep by phone?

• 21 December 2018
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1
Getting pretty frustrated here, I just want to talk to someone about cell signal issues and I keep getting redirected to digital assistant. How do I talk to a rep?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 21 December 2018, 06:14

Why is it like this now? I text back callback and nothing has happened..why isn't it just normal customer service? Seriously considering switching providers because this is just stupid.

No, restarting my phone didn't help, other people here with koodo are having the same issue.

You can setup a callback through this link www.koodo.com/chat.

You need to enter a number that someone can call you. After that, you type your request for a callback. Option contact us (and schedule callback) will show up.
View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can schedule a callback with the virtual assistant. Type callback.

Did you restart your phone and see if that fixes your issue?
Userlevel 1
Why is it like this now? I text back callback and nothing has happened..why isn't it just normal customer service? Seriously considering switching providers because this is just stupid.

No, restarting my phone didn't help, other people here with koodo are having the same issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If others are having the same issue then there is a network outage. No need to call in.
Do a restart in the morning and let us know if the issue is still there.

What is the location of the outage?

If you want to "let them know" just send them a public tweet or a Facebook post
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to enter a number that someone can call you. After that, you type your request for a callback. Option contact us (and schedule callback) will show up.
Userlevel 1
We've only been getting like 1 or 2 bars in our apartment for about a month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@llamas We changed our support experience based on feedback from customers. It is an unfortunate fact that when people call companies they often put on hold for extended periods of time before a rep is able to talk to them. We thought there is a better way to do business!! Our Virtual Assistant answers is able to answer lots questions and when it can't it will set up a callback with one of our rep at a time that's convenient for you. This way you are saved from the hassles of being on hold.

This is text you would have received:

Did you click the underlined and ask for callback?

In terms of your signal issues. You live in a large city and I just checked our report and haven't found any specific issue talking about ongoing issues. This forum would be riddled with people if the impact were affect thousands of people. Have you lived at your current address for some time? Did the signal issue started only recently? Were there any new buildings built in your neighborhood? If yes, it maybe one of the possibilities that could contribute to the change? You haven't by any change change phones recently? There are lots of reasons why the signal may have changed so just trying to eliminate the possibilities.
Userlevel 1
@llamas We changed our support experience based on feedback from customers. It is an unfortunate fact that when people call companies they often put on hold for extended periods of time before a rep is able to talk to them. We thought there is a better way to do business!! Our Virtual Assistant answers is able to answer lots questions and when it can't it will set up a callback with one of our rep at a time that's convenient for you. This way you are saved from the hassles of being on hold.

There is a much easier solution to this than to make people jump through hoops to reach someone. Just let people be able to stay on the line if they wish to choose to wait so they can speak to someone sooner, or press 5 or whatever number to request a callback. Many other companies do it that way.

Forcing people to go to an online chat where it is unclear how to even request a call is inconvenient, and it just feels like Koodo is trying to cut back on customer service costs.

As for the service issues, I spoke with someone on the phone today and they basically had to remotely refresh the back end of my phone and have me switch off of the LTE network. So this wasn't something that could have been solved by any "digital assistant".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@llamas I’m glad to hear the issue is resolved. And indeed the virtual assistant can’t solve everything, that is what the callbacks are for. And we do talk to quite a few customers every day. To be fair it’s less about cutting costs but how, with the same costs, we can provide a better experience. And based on the feedback so far, given that we are a brand focused on self serve, we seem to be on the right path. Mainly for the reason I mentioned before, there is no more wait on hold. That said your feedback is indeed appreciated! Of course I wish the problem didn’t happen in the first place. If you never have to call us again I know we have done our job wel!:-)
The call back feature is broken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey @LynCo - I replied to your other post here.

I restarted my phone like suggested AND I scheduled to talk with a rep 6 times. Each time they go to voicemail directly when they contact me on the scheduled time.
Badge +4
I restarted my phone like suggested AND I scheduled to talk with a rep 6 times. Each time they go to voicemail directly when they contact me on the scheduled time.
Your own thread started here

https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/can-t-contact-rep-or-rep-contact-me-7792955
Silly Koodo assist seems like a ploy to hire less people in call centres in favour of customers doing their job for free on self serve by masking it as more convenient for the customer. Good customer service is dying as more “self serve” options are implemented everywhere and since Less staff is hired, wait times are longer, lineups are longer and we are practically being forced to use self serve since waiting for a call back the next day is very inconvenient. we are doing customer service’s job for free. Win win for the phone company save money on labour and get people to do the work for free.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Silly Koodo assist seems like a ploy to hire less people in call centres in favour of customers doing their job for free on self serve by masking it as more convenient for the customer. Good customer service is dying as more “self serve” options are implemented everywhere and since Less staff is hired, wait times are longer, lineups are longer and we are practically being forced to use self serve since waiting for a call back the next day is very inconvenient. we are doing customer service’s job for free. Win win for the phone company save money on labour and get people to do the work for free.
What was the issue you are having? We might be able to help out here.
This is a joke. You need to fix this now. You should always be able to speak to a customer service rep. I added 1GB for THIS MONTH only for $22 and the text says it’s been added as part of my monthly fee from now on. I need this rectified NOW. Not waiting for a callback when I have a busy schedule. Unacceptable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a joke. You need to fix this now. You should always be able to speak to a customer service rep. I added 1GB for THIS MONTH only for $22 and the text says it’s been added as part of my monthly fee from now on. I need this rectified NOW. Not waiting for a callback when I have a busy schedule. Unacceptable.
Can you post that text message without personal info?
You bought a top up data -one time add-on - it will expire at the end of your billing cycle. And they can't charge another $22 until you buy another top up.
Its not monthly add-on.
I had the same problems trying to get a live rep to call back (6 times!!!). I finally found out how to avoid this and get a real person on the phone. First of all, call them (1 (866) 995-6636) from a regular phone, not your cell. Call during their posted hours (M-F: 9-9, Sat: 9-7, Sun: 9-7). As soon as the line is connected and the automatic voice starts talking, say, " Customer service manager". You will be connected to a live representative immediately. It will cost $10 to speak with a live rep.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had the same problems trying to get a live rep to call back (6 times!!!). I finally found out how to avoid this and get a real person on the phone. First of all, call them (1 (866) 995-6636) from a regular phone, not your cell. Call during their posted hours (M-F: 9-9, Sat: 9-7, Sun: 9-7). As soon as the line is connected and the automatic voice starts talking, say, " Customer service manager". You will be connected to a live representative immediately. It will cost $10 to speak with a live rep.
It might cost 10$ if you couldn't do it yourself.
Your assistant isn't very smart nor is it very useful as a customer. What is disconcerting is when I need a customer service rep for about 5 min, I need to wait about 2 hours for a call back...I called when I had a moment now I am at your beck and call and I pay you...not the other way around.
Automation such as this is a great way to lose customers, unwillingness to give good customer service is a sign it's time to move on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You live in a free country. you may do whatever pleases your soul. Koodo brands himself as a Self Serve brand. If you're not happy with that branding, you can go to other companies such as Telus/Belle but they come with a hefty price increase. Free country my friend. If your're not happy with Koodo, they won't change it. You need to.