Koodo Community
Solved

Home Phone Call Waiting Name Display question

• 2 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi

I have a strange problem. Call Waiting Name display on newly purchased Koodo home phone seems to be intermittently not working on specific numbers.

I tested Call waiting with 2 different Cell phones and it works however noticed when someone called from a Landline appears name display does not work with Call waiting however it works fine normally when not on another phone call.
Annoying trying to view the phone number while on a call trying to determine if I should answer and ignore as we get numerous calls from Telemarketers.
icon

Best answer by Ranjan Koodo 3 January 2019, 14:42

@Rosh - Call Display on cellular service was historically phone number only. However, if you have contacts saved on your device, their name (the way you had it saved) + number will show. Many providers have begun rolling out Call Display+, which now allows both name and number to be shown, even if you don't have the contact saved. This is on our road map as well, but no official timeline available for when it will be pushed live. For the time being, if a Koodo customer calls someone, it will only show your phone number (unless saved), but if someone calling you with Call Display+ enabled, their name and number will show. My guess is that's the reason why sometimes the name shows for you, and sometimes it doesn't.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
DId it work properly before when you used your phone with another service provider?
Hi Denis

The name display with call waiting worked perfectly fine with the other service provider. The other service provider was a dedicated VOIP service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So only the "Name display" wasn't showed up but you still can see the incoming number while waiting?
I was wondering if cellular setup or the Home phone modem was the problem. From this https://www.koodomobile.com/help/101-koodo-wireless-home-phone They only mentioned that you could have the feature but didn't mention the name display would show up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Rosh - Call Display on cellular service was historically phone number only. However, if you have contacts saved on your device, their name (the way you had it saved) + number will show. Many providers have begun rolling out Call Display+, which now allows both name and number to be shown, even if you don't have the contact saved. This is on our road map as well, but no official timeline available for when it will be pushed live. For the time being, if a Koodo customer calls someone, it will only show your phone number (unless saved), but if someone calling you with Call Display+ enabled, their name and number will show. My guess is that's the reason why sometimes the name shows for you, and sometimes it doesn't.

Hi Ranjan

Thanks for the info. I do have the names saved on my cordless phone however appears the name display now doesn’t work on the same calls only during call waiting function. The same calls works with name display when nobody is on the phone.

The problem appears to be isolated to call waiting function only. Assuming the issue will be resolved once Kodoo rolls out the call display + option.

Regards