Koodo Community

Community

Holy personal details batman

It's been mentioned before, but I'm going to say it again. The shear number of people posting personal details on here because they think they are emailing koodo is unreal. I don't think it would hurt to have a line of red text near the top when you're posting stating that you are posting to a public forum, and to not post personal information such as phone numbers, account numbers, etc. My ability to resist prank calling people is starting to weaken.

41 replies

Userlevel 6
Agreed
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They are changing the name of the forum to something else & I suggested that the words public forum were in the title which got shot down. If they are not going to do that then I highly suggest that they do this idea. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 7
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

They are changing the name of the forum to something else & I suggested that the words public for...

Very tacky... To be quite honest, Kid, there's only so much you can do before common sense should kick in and tell you "hmm maybe I'm posting in a public forum and not emailing koodo".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They are changing the name of the forum to something else & I suggested that the words public for...

Ahmad you just gave somebody else on here sh*t for putting down others and then you do it to me, well I don't know how I ever offended you but it's obvious who didn't vote for me to be a master member. So why exactly are you always so against me Ahmad? Also many ppl that come here do so because they are not tech savy in the slightest and most have never ever post on a forum before and don't realize that it's a public thing, hench why it keeps happening. I don't see how Koodo Community Public Forum is tacky in the slightest, it's exactly what it is.
Userlevel 7

What the? I just said "very tacky..." Did I say "JUST STOP BRINGING IT UP IT WONT HAPPEN". I'm saying it's a good idea but the way in doing it (the idea with having "public forum" in the title), I don't personally agree with. "Very tacky.." was my reply to you. The second part had nothing to do with you, it just happen to be in a reply to your post.
Userlevel 7

You may as well call Fortinos, 'Fortinos Grocery Store' or call McDonalds, 'McDonalds You can Eat Food Here'. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?
Badge +4

Agreed. To protect the privacy and identity of these individuals, a simple warning, not to post personal information - that way there's no second guessing - period. Ahmad, picture yourself new to a town, you wouldn't know who or what Fortino's (or a better example) Shoppers was, unless it was explained that Fortinos is the supermarket with a heart and Shoppers Drug Mart has locations open 24/7 - get what I'm saying?
Userlevel 7

Kid, we aren't given a vote. Koodo may ask our opinion but the final decision is completely Koodo.
Userlevel 6

I'm totally with Ahmad on this. You can only help people so much. Even if you have the a red warning sign people will still put their blinders on and not read it and post their stuff.
Userlevel 7

Yeah but right now there's no warning to my knowledge
Userlevel 5

This is the internet. There are other users online here and can access any information that you post. I think it's ridiculously obvious that this is a public forum and that it isn't really needed to change the title of the community to a "Public Community", etc. I don't think we get many problems with people posting personal information, only a few times are month and they are usually emails, so I don't think it is much of an issue.
Userlevel 7

@leejohny I have removed all of the below almost daily
Userlevel 5

Oh really? Wow I didn't know that Chad. Well good job on doing that because I never see them! 🙂
Userlevel 7

I detect sarcasm. But I'm not the only one moderating. I would say its at least once daily someone will post their phone number or email. If I catch it I send theposter an email explaining who I am and why I removed the post, and I invite them to repost it. I've done that on more than one occasion. If they don't leave contact info i reply to the post and then remove it. If you never see it it's because alot of moderators have acted quickly.
Userlevel 5

I wasn't being sarcastic... I was actually appreciating your efforts. Thank you!
Userlevel 7

Lol darn internet
Userlevel 7
In red in bold above where you continue your post should be : "warning: this is a public forun where other community members and the general public (including search engines) can and do have access to the material you post. Posts containing personal information such. As phone numbers, account numbers, email addresses, address or any other information deemed personal by our moderators may be removed without notice or recourse. Thanks
Chad Burr wrote:

In red in bold above where you continue your post should be : "warning: this is a public forun wh...

I like
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

In red in bold above where you continue your post should be : "warning: this is a public forun wh...

WARNING!!! DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION! - (in bold red text). Phone numbers, account numbers, personal email addresses, credit card information or any other information considered personal or confidential.
People should probably read stuff instead of click typing. I think that''s usually when people are frustrated with something and looking for a quick response so in their frustration they don''t pay attention to detail as well as someone who''s level headed.
Badge +4
Jamie Pellan wrote:

People should probably read stuff instead of click typing. I think that''s usually when people a...

Exactly.
Userlevel 2
This is definitely a good idea. I'll pass it along and see if it can be implemented 🙂.
Userlevel 7
I agree that this is a good idea. As obvious as it is to some people that this is a public forum, you can tell by the way people word things and the information they include that they think they are contacting Koodo directly. Whether or not you think it's obvious, clearly some people aren't catching on. And for the people that do know that it's public already, how would putting a warning up hinder you AT ALL? It's a little like putting "May contain trace of nuts" on a package of peanuts. Yeah, it's redundant and we all look at it and thinkg, "Obviously!" but it doesn't really effect your life.
Userlevel 7
I'm necroposting on purpose. When a user clicks contact us and then ask the community, it is STILL not readily apparent what a community is or that the user is submitting their question directly to a public forum. A few lines of text really should be included before the user gets to the text entry part of the attached image.