Koodo Community

Community

Solved

hidden sender address

My phone keeps telling me I have a text, from "Hidden sender address", but.... there are no new texts in my list of texts. Where is it, how do I get the phone to stop telling me about it? I clear my notification, but it pops up every time I get a new notification. I can't find the text.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
It's possible that these "texts" are voicemail notifications, since the voicemail indicator pops up and disappears when the phone receives an SMS (that you can't normally see) from the voicemail server.
Userlevel 7
I know there are no messages that appear or anything, but in your messages hit "Mark all as read"
Userlevel 6
Are you using an Android device? If so, are you per-chance using an SMS App replacement? If so, is it Handcent or GO SMS? I've had that problem with both those Apps & just uninstalled them in favor of others like Chomp SMS or Sliding Messaging which I've never had that problem using.
I am having the same problem. It say "Hidden sender address: Error-permanent-message-not-found" I have a LG android bought about 1.5yrs ago.
Userlevel 1
DD wrote:

I am having the same problem. It say "Hidden sender address: Error-permanent-message-not-found" ...

Sender probaly was not using cell phone to send that message, he may be using other tools to make free text/email.
DD wrote:

I am having the same problem. It say "Hidden sender address: Error-permanent-message-not-found" ...

thanks 🙂
how do i reveal the hidden sender? Is there a way to figure out who it is or if its even a person sending it. Could it be like spam mail? idk it's just frustrating to not know whats wrong with it