Koodo Community

Community

Hi everyone, should I get the nexus 4 now on koodo or wait for the nexus 5 when it comes out on koodo

Hi everyone, should I get the nexus 4 now on koodo or wait for the nexus 5 when it comes out on koodo

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Well that's a decision only you can make. If you need to use the tab you know for sure that you're able to do that with the Nexus 4. There's nothing official saying that Koodo will get the Nexus 5 (They skipped the Galaxy Nexus for example). If you're buying outright, as long as your current phone works, no reason not to wait.
Jorden wrote:

Well that's a decision only you can make. If you need to use the tab you know for sure that you'...

I'm using the S2X right now and the only reason I feel pressed to upgrade is because I really like the nexus, I have an old phone that i can get good value for with the trade in program compared to the resell market and I get to use the tab because its 15% off compared to 10% for the BYOD. What do you think? Do my reasons justify upgrading?
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

Well that's a decision only you can make. If you need to use the tab you know for sure that you'...

Sounds worthy enough to me. Just comes down to if you want to get the new phone now, or wait to see if the N5 comes out down the road (potentially lowering your trade in value).
Userlevel 1
Jorden wrote:

Just make sure you don't have buyers remorse in a couple of months when a better N5 comes out. I'm itching to get my hands on a Nexus also (I also have the S2X) but patience often pays off. I'm curious, what's the value you feel you can get on the resale market compared to the trade in?
Userlevel 1
I'd wait for the N5. The N4 will still be there to be had even after the N5 is released so wait and see the price of the N5 and if Koodo is carrying it, then make a decision. Or if the price is good enough (like it was with the N4's when they came out), consider buying it outright and bringing it to Koodo for a 10% discount (assuming you have a clean tab).
I'm waiting for the nexus 5 to buy because there's not much longer to wait! I look for new nexus 5 rumours all the time and can't wait until the official announcement.
Userlevel 1
Bob Smith wrote:

I'm waiting for the nexus 5 to buy because there's not much longer to wait! I look for new nexus...

Me too, I'm such a geek. One year and a half ago, I had a flip phone and made fun of the type of people that I've become.
Userlevel 1
Thy, if you want the N4, buy it from Google, it's only $199 (great price if you ask me) for the 8GB version and it's cheaper than Koodo's price. I currently have the Samsung S4 and am looking to upgrade to the Nexus 5 when it comes out. If you want a great deal and can't wait, then get the N4. If you're patient and want the latest and greatest, get the N5. Can't go wrong anyway you look at it.
samsvoc wrote:

Thy, if you want the N4, buy it from Google, it's only $199 (great price if you ask me) for the 8...

Curious, how come you think the n5 will be an upgrade over the s4? I don't think it'll match it in specs and if I had a choice of phone I would get the HTC one or s4, but they're like $700 phones without contract. The reason why I want the nexus 5 is because it should come with great, but not super highend specs and there will be no phone that can touch it in its price range. If money was no object I wouldn't choose it over the s4 though myself.
Userlevel 6
At this point if you absolutely NEED a phone immediately, grab it from Google Play since it'll be cheaper. If you can wait though, wait for the Nexus 5. That said, there's no guarantees Koodo will get it though hopefully they will & if so at the same or similar price as the Google Play Store will sell it.
If Koodo gets the Nexus 5, is it likely they will reduce the price of Nexus 4 or just stop selling it altogether? I have just enough tab credit (on the basic plan) to buy the Nexus 4 so if they get rid of it, I'd be screwed on that deal.
Userlevel 5
Seymour Huang wrote:

If Koodo gets the Nexus 5, is it likely they will reduce the price of Nexus 4 or just stop sellin...

It's quite possible the Nexus 4 will disappear soon regardless. Google has pretty much sold out already.