Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hey if your with another cell phone provider and when your contract is up can Koodo let you have the same number?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Of course, Cathy 🙂 DO NOT cancel your current provider, but when your contract is up, just port your number out to Koodo... they will do the rest 🙂
So before I cancel with who I am with now go to Koodo Kiosk and get it taken care of then. My contract is up in July but I can buy it out anytime now but im goin to hold off another few months cause its still a little high to buy out
I got my nephew a phone from Koodo for Christmas and they have way better packages and stuff then who im with now. Im paying a lot every month for almost 3 years now
Userlevel 7
Cut your losses and just cancel your old provider... If you're saving money then it makes sense to switch. Plus there's great double/double plan promos expiring shortly and great.gift card offers from retailers to help alleviate the cost, too. Don't wait!
Jonathan I wrote:

Cut your losses and just cancel your old provider... If you're saving money then it makes sense t...

Thanks for your help!
I really need the same number is the issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cathy wrote:

I really need the same number is the issue

Right, when Jonathan said "cancel" he meant your old provider will be cancelled by Koodo when you go to the kiosk and ask them to port out your number - you'll keep the same number 🙂 Any final costs with your old provider will be your responsibility but other than that you can switch whenever you feel like it 😃
Ive been with this provider for almost 9 years now so I don't know much about others. It says im eligible for an early upgrade for $50.00 so im not sure if its just $50.00 for the upgrade only. Im wondering if I will have to pay more then $50 if I cancel it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cathy wrote:

Ive been with this provider for almost 9 years now so I don't know much about others. It says im ...

I don't know, Cathy, you're best off to ask your current provider that 🙂
Cathy wrote:

Ive been with this provider for almost 9 years now so I don't know much about others. It says im ...

Ok thanks, I'll look into that. Thanks for all your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cathy wrote:

Welcome back any day! And if you have been satisfied with your current provider for 9 years now, I even suggest you show your loyalty to them first - I'm sure Koodo would appreciate the same 🙂
Cathy wrote:

Im on the fence with them had a few bad experience with them on their part. Ive never been late making payments always several days early in the almost 9 years im with them, they have yet to show me their loyalty to me, ive had several issues with phones that weren't caused by damage and id payed the $7 insurance fee on my bill every month and still had to pay $150 for a refurbished phone not a new phone which in my opion is just plain bad service for such a big company. Also their prices are just outrages especially since there is no more 3 year contracts just 2 year now so the prices are even more crazier. So I have no idea really what to do.
Also I had payed my nephews cell phone bill which I got him for Christmas on Friday and its due tomorrow and my ebill and transaction history is still stating that it hasn't been payed yet the money came out of my bank account right away. I tried a few times to pay with my visa debit which works worth movies unlimited ordering movies online as a visa and shutterfly too but it says Koodo don't except that type of visa so I set it up on my online banking to pay and its still staying my bill isn't paid. I think I should contact someone but it's all automated.
Cathy wrote:

Also I had payed my nephews cell phone bill which I got him for Christmas on Friday and its due t...

I don't like using my real visa the main one. For using it only one time a month the interest is just way to high.
Userlevel 7
Sounds like you're with one of the big 3. Indeed their prices have gone up for 2 year plans (with bigger discounts on no contract/SIM - only activations) so a lot of people are abandoning them in favor of Virgin/Fido/Koodo. You could try talking to them first to see what they'll do but I haven't had too much luck with any of the retention departments recently. I work at a multi carrier phone kiosk so I know how everyone operates 😉 If you want to save money per month, it's the small 3. If you need to have a high end phone or stuff like data pool sharing, roadside assistance, special voice mail packages, anti spam, and other stuff like that, then you'll go with Robellus. I think Koodo is accepting some Visa debits now so look into that. Online banking is an option too, but it does take a few business days to process so I would try to pay them ahead of time if you're going to use that method.