Koodo Community
Question

Help with stuck number port

• 3 February 2013
  • 4 replies

Hi, I'm having problems with a number port and need some help. #1 -- the original number for my Koodo cell. Ported in from Virgin Mobile. #2 -- the number I want to port to my cell. Currently with Babytel on a VOIP line. Originally a Bell landline number. I have been trying to port #2 to my Koodo cellphone that currently has #1. This porting request has gotten stuck repeatedly, and has been taking at least 2 weeks now. I don't know what's holding it up, except that each time I call to check status, I find out that the request is missing at least one critical detail that I had made sure to tell the previous techs. Babytel has been notified that a port request would come in. The line is still active with Babytel as far as I know, but we did move last weekend, and are no longer at the address that the VOIP service was for. What needs to be done next to finish this port request? What with my phone being partly broken during the move and the extra bill for the VOIP service I'm no longer using, this has been a lot of trouble.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Bronwyn, Unfortunately, the only people that can help you with this are the techs at Customer Support. Try calling again and calmly explain what's been going on for the last 2 weeks. They should be helpful. The problem may be the VOIP nature of line #2 - however I am not an expert. Have you discussed that with the techs? Good luck and let us know what happened.
I've definitely told them about it being a VOIP line, and that it was ported in once from Bell. That was why I called in the first place rather than just putting in a request through self-serve -- to find out if any of that was going to cause problems. I'll have to try again tomorrow.
It did get resolved this week. Turns out they had cancelled the port rather than suspending it, and didn't tell me that I would need to call in and request the port again. This time they were more careful to follow up and make sure things worked, and gave me a credit on my tab to apologize for the inconvenience.
Userlevel 1
It did get resolved this week. Turns out they had cancelled the port rather than suspending it, a...That's good to hear! Yeah sometimes things just slip through the cracks. Sounds like they were pretty understanding and eager to help - I hope that's how they came off. I hope the Tab credit makes up for some of the inconvenience and glad to hear you're good to go now.