Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HELP OUT GUYS

We have Brampton on. ph. # 905...... i.e. residential no. Now we are going move to Fort Mcmurray A.B. Can we keep this no. with KOODO and what plan we have to take? Thanks and Regards

10 replies

Yep, did the same thing while back Port the number with your brampton address; then after you move call customer service to have the HST removed in favour of GST.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe you could keep your Ontario #. But after you move to A.B, if people in A.B want to call you it will cost them money to call you. (Long distance charge) Best way (I think) is call Customer Service at new place and get a local # - hopefully similar to your old number,
Userlevel 1
Mayumi wrote:

I believe you could keep your Ontario #. But after you move to A.B, if people in A.B want to ca...

Fort Mcmurray A.B. Area code is 587, while Brampton on. Area code is 905, like Mayumi(kenshou) explained it, I think it's better to get new Fort Mcmurray nmber to avoid any complication, I don't know if the port request will go through
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

I believe you could keep your Ontario #. But after you move to A.B, if people in A.B want to ca...

Actually For McMurray is primarily 780 area code. Northern Alberta = 780 Southern Alberta = 403 In some areas where there are a lot of subscribers, 587 numbers may be given out and numbers with that area code could be anywhere in Alberta.
Mayumi wrote:

Actually 587 or 780 are both valid
Userlevel 1
Mayumi wrote:

Check Eligibility to Move your number here: https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal
Mayumi wrote:

Try this link https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

Geoff I did say that... I said Ft McMurray is primarially 780, but 587 numbers could apply anywhere in the province, I'm not sure how many exchanges Ft McMurray has but as a rough guess 80% of the numbers up there would be 780 ones (not counting the people who have numbers for other areas up there working).
Mayumi wrote:

Hey as I per the original question, and me being one who's done the same move. Order when you're in the GTA, then if you get sent to fort mac: have it moved. Also if you do get to Fort Mac: bring a bucket and a mop, the water is still a problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can keep your number. And you can keep your plan or change to any available plan you want. This was extremely beneficial to me when I did the same thing on a Canada wide plan. I had my Winnipeg number when I moved to AB and my family back home (mainly my grandma) was able to call me as a local call to them