Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help!!!NOT TO WASTE sim card & base plan got from koodo

Need assistance on how my Samsung GT-18262 with dual sims works with base plan I got from koodo

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you buy the Samsung in Canada, Lynna? Can you tell us what steps you already did, for example is your base plan activated already? I fear that your dual SIM phone might not be compatible with the Koodo network, but to rule that out we need more information than you provided...
Sophia wrote:

Did you buy the Samsung in Canada, Lynna? Can you tell us what steps you already did, for example...

I got my phone from my back home a month ago. It is an unlocked phone. Sale rep from Erin Mills town centre help me activate my sim card a day after I got it from Oakville place. Because that sale rep from Oakville place told me to just activate it online....but unfortunately, I can't! Erin Mills sale rep already activated my base plan and my Canada-Wide talk booster add-ons, of which I paid Oakville Place for $45.20, includes tax.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Samsung Galaxy Core I8260 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100   HSDPA 900 / 2100 - GT-I8262 (SIM 1 & SIM 2) Koodo runs on HSDPA 850/1900. The phone is not compatible.
My phone is unlocked Samsung Galaxy Core Duos GT-18262
Userlevel 7
Lynna Vergara wrote:

Lynna, your phone isn't compatible with Koodo. You're going to need a new or used phone that is compatible.
Lynna Vergara wrote:

Ok. Thanks for the info and help extended. If ever a got another one, could I still use/transfer that base plan and Canada-wide talk booster add-ons I got, of which already been activated to my samsung GT-18262?
If ever I got another phone, could I still use/transfer that base plan and Canada-Wide talk booster add-ons I got, of which already been activated to my Samsung GT 18262 ?
Userlevel 7
Lynna Vergara wrote:

If ever I got another phone, could I still use/transfer that base plan and Canada-Wide talk boos...

The plan is activated On the sim and not the phone. As long as you keep everything paid up, you can insert the sin in a Koodo or compatible unlocked device and everything will be there for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lynna Vergara wrote:

If ever I got another phone, could I still use/transfer that base plan and Canada-Wide talk boos...

To add to what Chad said, from the moment your base plan expires, you will have 90 days to top up again and you'll keep all your boosters, number etc. Don't wait till day 91 since that's when it WILL expire 🙂
All helps highly appreciated. Thank you very much
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lynna Vergara wrote:

I'm very sorry you can't use the phone here in Canada, bring it back to your country next time and make somebody there really happy 🙂 If you need suggestions what phone to get here: the Nexus 4 is currently $150 on prepaid and it's available in stores only. I'd highly recommend it and it will probably be even better than the one you've got now... you really can't go wrong with it.
Lynna Vergara wrote:

Ok, thanks for your suggestion. God bless