Koodo Community
Solved

Have your iPhone 12 Pro preorders shipped?

• 23 October 2020
  • 46 replies

Release date is tomorrow, my tracking page shows approved, but not yet shipped. I wonder If Koodo will get the delivery timing right. Curious to see if someone else anything other than “approved” on their preorders.

icon

Best answer by sirlemoncheese 26 October 2020, 21:00

Hi guys, I pre ordered an iPhone 12 pro 256Gb blue on Oct 18th and still have the “confirmed” status. I’m in Qc.  No shipping yet.  Does anyone know when will I receive a shipped status and a tracking number?  I’m a new client.  It’s been more than a week and almost 1000$ was charged from credit card (on the 18th).  Is this normal Koodo behavior?

As stated by the Koodo rep above, Koodo currently has no iPhone 12 pro’s available across the country to ship out. Once the next wave of inventory is in, that’s when I'm guessing your phone will be shipped out and I’m not sure when more inventory is expected.

I’m another one in sort of the same boat, but i’ve done my preorders on the 16th! My status is currently in the “Account Activated”, and it looks like it’s been shipped, but I still haven’t received any tracking number for the phone yet! :( 

It’s my first time ordering a phone online, and I really hope all goes well too! 

View original

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The phone will be shipped out on launch day, so tomorrow.

The phone will be shipped out on launch day, so tomorrow.

You reckon there will be same day delivery? I’m pretty excited and it’d be a bit of a bummer to wait until Monday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kiss It’s highly unlikely anyone would receive their phones tomorrow. While all carries will release units from their warehouse the next step is Canada Post, UPS or else. They have all informed everyone that, given Covid, the increased number of online orders are stressing their systems and can’t guarantee the same level of service.  Of course we’d love to be happily surprised for a better outcome!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Its unlikely, but I wouldn't say 100%.

I will note though that the site currently says for the iPhone 12: "Order will ship within 2 weeks"

@kiss It’s highly unlikely anyone would receive their phones tomorrow. While all carries will release units from their warehouse the next step is Canada Post, UPS or else. They have all informed everyone that, given Covid, the increased number of online orders are stressing their systems and can’t guarantee the same level of service.  Of course we’d love to be happily surprised for a better outcome!!

Well my order just updated to “shipped” an hour ago. So lets see if they can make the delivery by tomorrow.

Its unlikely, but I wouldn't say 100%.

I will note though that the site currently says for the iPhone 12: "Order will ship within 2 weeks"

I preordered the very morning preorders opened. I am probably part of the first allocations of the 12 pro units so that “within 2 weeks” won't apply to me. Also, my order status just changed to “shipped” so lets see what happens tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kiss Let us know if you receive it! :-) 

Have you receive a tracking number for your order? I am still waiting for mine. My order says shipped last night and now account activated.

Have you receive a tracking number for your order? I am still waiting for mine. My order says shipped last night and now account activated.

I have not. My status also changed to account activated last night. I still have hope for a today delivery.

I have not. My status also changed to account activated last night. I still have hope for a today delivery.

First time ordering from Koodo. I’m hoping for a delivery today too.

First time ordering from Koodo. I’m hoping for a delivery today too.

Also my first time ordering/preordering online with Koodo.

I still haven't received any shipping confirmation email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MichelleW You should have received your tracking number. I can see it. I also see the unit was in Canada Post’s hands as of last night. It doesn’t appear though they will deliver today, it appears Monday on the Canada Post site.  Their speed of delivery unfortunately is not in our control. 

Mine doesn’t show shipped. Preordered on the 16th. Payment got taken out of my Visa, but no shipment.

Also, all companies ship online orders a couple days in advance so consumers get on launch day. Well, except for Koodo. But this is a common practice. If you buy a new Xbox or PS5 or whatever, it won’t ship on November 10, it is supposed to arrive at your door Nov 10 - the same day you can buy at retail

@MichelleW You should have received your tracking number. I can see it. I also see the unit was in Canada Post’s hands as of last night. It doesn’t appear though they will deliver today, it appears Monday on the Canada Post site.  Their speed of delivery unfortunately is not in our control. 

Thank you Bernard. I have checked my inbox and spam folder and there was no email sent with tracking information. I received my order confirmation and  my service agreement in separate emails.

Can you check if there is a tracking number on mine? If so, I can phone in and get it.

Mine doesn’t show shipped. Preordered on the 16th. Payment got taken out of my Visa, but no shipment.

Also, all companies ship online orders a couple days in advance so consumers get on launch day. Well, except for Koodo. But this is a common practice. If you buy a new Xbox or PS5 or whatever, it won’t ship on November 10, it is supposed to arrive at your door Nov 10 - the same day you can buy at retail

What province did you place the order in? I’m in BC. I also preordered on the 16th and its showing shipped/account activated.

Can you check if there is a tracking number on mine? If so, I can phone in and get it.

What province did you place the order in? I’m in BC. I also preordered on the 16th and its showing shipped/account activated.

Newfoundland. Order tracker still says not shipped. 

Newfoundland. Order tracker still says not shipped. 

Yeah you might experience some delays being that far out. Probably today is when your status will turn to shipped.

I phoned in and got my tracking number. Apparently my phone is in Calgary and was shipped yesterday. Wont be here until Monday unfortunately. Funny thing is, I’m from Calgary, Im visiting BC for a little bit and had to get the delivery here. Not only would I have received my phone by now, but also saved the 7% PST hahah

@kiss did you phone Canada Post to get your tracking number? What did you have to provide?

Koodo charged my credit card $1000 on October 16, and sent a confirmation email to say the phone would ship no later than Oct 23.  As of 4:30pm today, NL time, no shipping confirmation. It’s unusual to charge people like that before shipping, but OK I thought… Now the Order Tracking system says your order will ship in 5-6 weeks! LOL Customer support trying to tell me it’s more like “2 weeks”. When I said to cancel the order and refund my Visa they are DENYING my request.

Now I’m on hold waiting for a supervisor. Beware folks

@kiss did you phone Canada Post to get your tracking number? What did you have to provide?

I called Koodo, not Canada Post. Also, my phone is being shipped by UPS.

Koodo charged my credit card $1000 on October 16, and sent a confirmation email to say the phone would ship no later than Oct 23.  As of 4:30pm today, NL time, no shipping confirmation. It’s unusual to charge people like that before shipping, but OK I thought… Now the Order Tracking system says your order will ship in 5-6 weeks! LOL Customer support trying to tell me it’s more like “2 weeks”. When I said to cancel the order and refund my Visa they are DENYING my request.

Now I’m on hold waiting for a supervisor. Beware folks

I know Koodo will charge you right away for the phone, but not if you go through Apple. Also man, I'm almost positive that your delays are due to being in NL. If you placed the order first thing on October 16th then I agree its kinda unfair that other provinces get priorities over NL. However, I wouldn't be surprised if your phone does end up shipping out within 2 weeks. Good lucky buddy!

Mine shipped last night from Mississauga. My order said that it would ship by the 23rd (today) andCanada post is saying that they expect to deliver it by eod Tuesday. I preordered ~10 ish Calgary time on the day preorders opened. Hopefully people can use this to estimate when their order should arrive!

Mine showed as shipped Thursday evening - still no shipping confirmation email and I can’t track it.  They also activated the SIM so I can’t receive calls or texts until the delivery but no way to track it.  So I’m really hoping for Monday.

I called Koodo for my tracking number but the one they gave me says my package is currently in BC, left Calgary on Thursday. I live in Ontario. Not sure if this is even my package. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MichelleW We have multiple warehouses across the country.  Your phone is indeed being shipped form BC. It looks like you now have the tracking number and you can see where things are on the Canada Post site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@byrneo You ordered a blue device which we always show it would take 2 weeks minimum to deliver, given that Apple underestimated the number of people ordering this colour in Canada. Not sure why you would have received an email stating a different date, but that would have been our fault. :-( 

@byrneo You ordered a blue device which we always show it would take 2 weeks minimum to deliver, given that Apple underestimated the number of people ordering this colour in Canada. Not sure why you would have received an email stating a different date, but that would have been our fault. :-( 

My order tracker since October 16 said "Your order will ship by October 23". Yesterday that text updated to say "Soon". When I called to find out why I had no tracking number by Oct 23, they said it would be at least 2 more weeks (maybe longer). Others here who all ordered same day as me (Oct 16) got their tracking numbers yesterday. I did not. Koodo took my money weeks ago and could not tell me when they would actually have a product to ship me - only could guess it would be weeks at least beyond our agreed upon date (Oct 23). This wasn't the deal we made.

So now after dealing with supervisors in El Salvador, the order is cancelled and I'm waiting to make sure they actually return the money else I have to get Visa installed.

There are tonnes of iPhone 12 pros in Newfoundland, you can walk into the mall and go to almost any phone dealers and get one right now. I don't know what possessed me to buy through Koodo online but I'll never do it again

Anyways the order is cancelled now.