Koodo Community
Solved

Has the extended warranty price gone up?

Show first post

52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kyle Viktor wrote:

Thanks captain hindsight, but your 'should haves' don't contribute to my current situation whatso...

I'm sorry you don't understand how the world works or don't like how the world works but take this as a learning experience. You feel you were wronged but Unfourtunatley that's not the case, as you can see by the many people here responding to you that all understand how things work and are trying to explain to you how things work so even if you don't like the truth you must accept it.
Kyle Viktor wrote:

Thanks captain hindsight, but your 'should haves' don't contribute to my current situation whatso...

Save your sorrys buddy, I understand the situation just fine. The only thing people (two people lol) are 'explaining', is that Koodo does not have to account for misdirecting their customers due to fickle market fluctuations seemingly outside of everyone's control. Good for you for being able to rationalize medicore customer service, but I expect more from the people I do business with. I explained what a basic reasonable due process would entail (proper communication), which in hindsight Koodo has utterly failed to perform but further neglects to take responsibility for perhaps intentionally. I'm simply unimpressed and like I have already said, going forward I will keep this occurrence in mind. Save your comments if you don't actually have anything constructive to say, it seems like you are simply interested in guard dogging corporate and stroking your securities instead of actually objectively looking at problems and trying to discuss solutions to improve customer service.
Badge +4
This might help. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/ https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form
Thanks I will definately use this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo states in the agreement and on their website that they reserve the right to change prices at any time,
Give it a rest paul, thank you for your contribution but you really aren't helping at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Kyle. I understand your frustration if you are really not satisfied you could always return the phone in a 14 day frame
Robert wrote:

Hello Kyle. I understand your frustration if you are really not satisfied you could always re...

I might just have to do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Kyle. I understand your frustration if you are really not satisfied you could always re...

Or did you actually call customer service and ask about your situation? Tell them you bought your phone on May 25 th and didn't get the extended warranty on same day because you thought you have 30days to think about it. Then price went up. They might still say you have to pay new price, but you never know. It doesn't hurt to ask 🙂
Robert wrote:

Great suggestion thanks. I did this already but only spoke with a rep. I will call back and speak with a supervisor. I will also be visiting the store soon to speak with the associate who originally quoted me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

The associate wont have the power to give you a discount on the warranty. You're better off calling.
Robert wrote:

No offense to you. But, It's so strange how different people seemingly representing koodo give me conflicting advice... the telephone rep told me the store might be able to do something.. you tell me otherwise.. lol koodo serioysly needs to get their communications together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Nobody here represents Koodo we're customers just like you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I don't work for koodo and am offering advice based on my knowledge and experience with koodo. Ymmv
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Based on my experience during 5 1/2 years as a telephone customer service rep, if the phone rep suggests that the store might be able to help out it means there is absolutely nothing they can do for you, they have exclaimed this several times, and they would very much like for you to go bother someone else for a while.
Robert wrote:

Wow timo you sound like a awful service rep...you should absolutely never lie to a customer for your own benefit... lol imagine if you said this in your job interview how it would go over...be professional and have integrity or find anothr job.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Please explain how saying 'This is not something I am able to help you with, perhaps the store can assist you' is the same as lying.
Robert wrote:

To chad, If you dont work for koodo then how can you say things like "associates dont have the power to give discounts".
Robert wrote:

Lol timo thats not what you said. Context matters buddy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Read it again, 'buddy'. That's exactly what I said.
Robert wrote:

Right...
Userlevel 5
Robert wrote:

Kyle I have been following this thread and read it several times to make sure From what Timo said....they say they cant help you and want you to go bother somebody else - it is not lying....stores can add features that are offered by koodo (ie. $7/mth for extended warranty)...this happens even when yesterday it was $6/mth. You are upset that it cannot be added at the store for the lower price but you have also mentioned that you are going to call in and ask to speak with a supervisor (they MAY be able to make the change...i dont know). I am a koodo customer, not an employee, but I have worked in a call center....I would suggest that you ask for a supervisor instead of demanding one based on the sounds that you are getting upset at everybodys information.....you will get better service overall if you are nice.
Robert wrote:

Im not upset at all. Just unimpressed with the circumstsnces. Those who have responded to me agressively have gotten agressive responses in return.
Userlevel 2
I will let you know that out of any provider, Koodo offers the lowest device replacement fee for ANY non-iPhone device. ($49) where at other providers it depends on the device, going up to $250. Even at TELUS (the parent company), they have to pay different replacement fees depending on device. If you want to discuss getting it for less, I would suggest talking to the store manager and the rep that helped you originally. Call in, schedule a time (within the 30 days from when you got your device) and see if there is something they can work out. They might be able to manually discount it in the store - but don't get your hopes up. But, it is always recommended to get what you may need at the time of purchase, especially when you have a time frame to return it. Get it now, think about it for a day or two, if you don't want it, cancel it. Easier that waiting and then finding out prices changed. Majority of people who say they are going to "think about it" come back too late, when the device actually breaks, or not at all. Prices change and if you noticed, Apple care for iPhones also went up to the same price.... my thinking is that apple raised it and Koodo had to be as similar as possible, like usual. Sorry that you are inconvenienced!
Arika wrote:

I will let you know that out of any provider, Koodo offers the lowest device replacement fee for ...

Ummm.... No. "Only a $49 service charge for 2 incidents of accidental/liquid damage" http://www.telus.com/en/ab/mobility/services/device-care/