Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Has the extended warranty price gone up?


I purchased my phone on may 25 and was told extended warranty would cost $99 plus $45 if i needed to use it for a fix/replacement. However, online here: https://www.koodomobile.com/extendedwarranty i see the prices listed as $129 and $49. I would like to purchase the extended warrantty but would notbe impressed if the price has gone up without notice. Please let me know whats up. Thanks.

52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Looks like it has indeed gone up in price from $99, prices fluctuate for everything so it's no real surprise that after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possible kinks that early adopters may have experienced.
"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possible kinks that early adopters may have experienced" This sounds like jargon to me. Also... I have had the phone for 9 days...It is pretty ridiculous if I have to pay more for the warranty after 9 days without notice... If that is the case, I am not really satisfied with my phone and the service anyways so I am seriously considering a refund and going with another provider. Hopefully, they will just give me the original cost of the warranty.
Userlevel 7
Kyle Viktor wrote:

"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possi...

Three weeks ago the cost of eggs was around 2.99 a dozen, then the market situation changed and without notice egg prices soared, I can't expect the supermarket to sell me eggs at the price of 3 wks ago just because I was a customer there three weeks ago Prices are subject to change without notice. That being said, give koodo a call... You never know if they'll have a manager special.
Kyle Viktor wrote:

"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possi...

I go to the market to buy groceries but don't have enough to purchase eggs. An associate tells me that eggs will be 2.99 for the next 30 days and to come back any time before 30 days to buy the eggs for 2.99. I come back after 9 days to find out the price of the eggs are now 3.50. My problem isn't the fluctuation, but the mismanagment of my expectations. Had i been given an accurate timeline to purchase the warranty at cost there would be no problem. Instead I was told something while actually being in the dark about the price hike. Not cool.
Userlevel 7
Kyle Viktor wrote:

"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possi...

The associate didn't know about the impending price hike and didn't promise you a time line because he/she can't make such promises.
Kyle Viktor wrote:

"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possi...

That is a poor excuse which I now have to potentially for. "Didnt promise you a time line" Yes she did. 30 days...
Userlevel 7
Kyle Viktor wrote:

"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possi...

If she promised you a price guarantee then yes you have a leg to stand on and should pursue it by all means. But if we're just talking the availability purchase the coverage then that's something different. Nonetheless, call Koodo and discuss it. I'm sure you'll get satisfaction one way or the other and I do wish you luck
Userlevel 1
Kyle Viktor wrote:

"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possi...

Hi Kylie, on May 25th, the staff at the Koodo kiosks likely didn't know yet that it was going to change, so it's not their fault. The others are correct though, when it was mentioned to you, you do indeed have 30 days to decide if you want it added to your phone or not. The day you add it though, it will be at the price that it's *currently* at. The other reason for the price change is the crappy exchange rate between Canada and USA, which is beyond our control. $7/month is what most of the other service providers charge now, so it's still a reasonable price. Sorry that it went up, but it was just a case of poor timing, not anyone's fault 🙂.
Kyle Viktor wrote:

"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possi...

My name is Kyle not Kylie. Anyways, it looks like the change occured on may 31st as indicated on the resources page of the extended warranty page on the koodo site. Therefore staff wasn't ever made aware of the impending price increase until the literal day of the price increase. Not only this, but the promotional plans ended on this day as well. So any new customers between may 2 and june 1st who were given an option to wait 30 days before purchasing a warranty are now being charged more through no fault of their own due to a lack of communication. You say it is no one's fault but it is very obviously koodo's fault for the way they timed it and keeping their associates and customers in the dark. That is shady on koodo's part as a business and is a very bad start to my doing business with them that I will remember as time goes on. I also question if the timing of the plan promotions and the warranty price hike are intentional as it feels like a fishy money grab.
Userlevel 7
Kyle Viktor wrote:

"after a few months the price of such a program changes to better fit after working out the possi...

I work in retail and I don't see the new sale prices until the minute I put out said sale signs. Associates don't know what the company is about to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won't even offer it to customers if they don't get it the day they bought the device so really your lucky you can get it at all.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

Do you mind sharing the names of some of those "most places"?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

Yeah really...it seems 30 days is the norm... What hopefully most places don't do is hike the price of their warranty inside that 30 days without notice like Koodo has just now.
Userlevel 7
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

There was no obligation to provide you notice. Period and end of story. And thats what the CCTS will tell you too You were not offered something exclusive to you at a price point. Every Koodo customer has the opportunity to get the extended warranty within 30 days of purhase. You aren't the special one who had a gauranteed price within those 30 days.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

The price has always been 99 dollars. It just increased as of May 31st 2015. Youre right I'm not the special one who got the 'special' price. Im the one who got the 129 dollar price unbeknownst to koodo's associates and myself. What you are ignoring is that I was given the 99 dollar price with no indication that the price would change. I specifically asked, "so if i come in during the 30 days i can buy the warranty for 99 dollars". And was told yes.

So in your opinion it is ok to now have to pay 129? Interesting.

I understand that koodo has the right to change the price, but that does not make my set of curcumstances acceptable. Their lack of communication is negligence.
Userlevel 7
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

Yea because prices change all the time. Lol
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

Prices change all the time lol. No duh. Thats not the issue man. Stop marginalizing my issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

You are upset that the price changed without notice. Koodo's website specifically states that prices are subject to change without notice. This same disclaimer appears on the website of every online retailer I have ever visited. Your issue is exactly that, marginal.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

The fact that you work in customer service is a disservice to those who you serve. Grow up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

A) I said I worked in customer service for 5 1/2 years, not that I am currently employed as such. 😎 I count at least 8 people on this thread who are all saying that you do not have a leg to stand on in this argument and nobody besides you who feels koodo is at fault. Perhaps you are the one who needs to grow up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

Bottom line: unless the representative in question specifically encouraged you not to get the extended warranty at the time of purchase, or guaranteed that the price would remain the same even if you waited 30 days, koodo did nothing wrong. You will get the same answer whether you are on a koodo forum, a rogers forum, or speaking with the ccts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

As you have clearly run out of intelligent things to say, and resorted to sarcasm and ad hominem attacks, I bid you a good night and may you sleep well in your conviction that you alone are right, despite the fact that nobody else thinks so.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

Ernest Hemingway over here
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Bottom line you should have got it when it was first offered to you end of story. Most places won...

Thank you for reinforcing my point.
Thanks captain hindsight, but your 'should haves' don't contribute to my current situation whatsoever, and dismiss the context behind the problem at hand. So thanks for your opinion but no thanks.

Reply