Koodo Community
Solved

Has anyone successfully registered their LG Velvet with LG yet?

• 9 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

LG’s registration site (lgpromisecanada.ca) keeps telling me that the IMEI of my new device is invalid.  Also, neither Koodo nor Telus are available when it asks who the device was purchased from.

Can’t register for the pre-order items because my date (July 23rd) is invalid, and can’t register for warranty because my IMEI is invalid!  Loving this experience with Koodo and LG so far

icon

Best answer by Allan M 10 August 2020, 04:01

LG had been pretty messy with this stuff. I would go contact their customer support at either the number or email below:

“You can reach our Second Year Promise Customer Support Team Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 7:00pm EST by calling (888) 336-1626 or by emailing support@LGPromiseCanada.ca for further assistance.”

View original

5 replies

You have to put the date in as Aug 7th for the promotion to work.

Userlevel 1

You have to put the date in as Aug 7th for the promotion to work.

Not the promotion …. registering for LG’s second year of warranty via their site.  They offer a second year of warranty as they still have a bit of a bad reputation from the old G4 bootloop days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

LG had been pretty messy with this stuff. I would go contact their customer support at either the number or email below:

“You can reach our Second Year Promise Customer Support Team Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 7:00pm EST by calling (888) 336-1626 or by emailing support@LGPromiseCanada.ca for further assistance.”

Userlevel 1

LG emailed me back on this one as well:

“Good Evening,

Thank you for your email.

It seems the IMEI number of your device has not been added to the system yet.

To be able to assist you further please provide the following:

-Picture of the IMEI number from the box

Once we have received this information we will raise it with the relevant department.

Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Jony @ LG Promotional Support Team”

The whole thing seems kind of …. rushed, perhaps?  It’s sad that Canada always seems to be an afterthought for companies such as LG.

Userlevel 1

They have fixed it …. I got an email that my Velvet’s IMEI had been added to their database and registration worked perfectly.  Now to try and register for the pre-order gifts...