Koodo Community
Question

Has anyone sent a phone in for repair and received it back with visible damage?

• 16 September 2019
  • 8 replies

I took my LG G7 One phone to a Koodo Kiosk at Pacific Center. I was having issues with wifi connectivity. The phone kept saying "connected, no internet" while all of my other devices would be fine on whatever network I was connected to so I knew it was the phone. I did a factory reset and this didn't solve the issue. I took it into the Kiosk. The person there did another factory reset with me and sent it in for repair. The repair facility did a factory reset and sent it back --- honestly, that's all the did... and sent it back. I was pretty angry that they didn't do anything else to fix the problem since I had already done this TWICE.

Anyway, when I got my phone back (it's a very dark blue colour) there was a WHITE dent on the top right corner. It's a small dent but very obviously dropped while in the hands of Koodo... So I requested that the person at the kiosk open a claim. I left with my phone as they wouldn't let me refuse to take the phone... They told me to call customer service. I did that. Customer service said to get the kiosk to create a claim. I called the kiosk, they said they filed a claim. And now here I am with a phone that I haven't bothered to turn on as I'm waiting to send it in again to be looked at or replaced? If they dropped it, what else has been damaged now?

I'm so annoyed by all of this. If I don't hear back from them by the end of the day tomorrow. I'll call the kiosk again for an update. Any tips?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
WHen you filed the claim did the kiosk give you any time frames?
No, the kiosk didn't even tell me they would file the claim. They told me that they would send an email to the repair depot and that I had to call customer service. They didn't say anything about making a claim at all.

And did not provide any time frames other than customer service would call me around 1:30pm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or Dm via Twitter to get it sorted out if the kisok continues to be difficult
Thank you @Goran . I'm going to give them a call today to request an update and hopefully obtain a claim number? That hasn't been provided to me... If they can't help me, I'll definitely try via facebook and/or twitter. Much appreciated!
I actually just called them and the manager at the Pacific Center location is going to follow up with the repair center. They don't have a claim number or anything but once the repair center gets back to them, they will let me know what the next steps are... which may take another few days. I guess I'm just frustrated because my phone is just sitting in my bag. I don't want to put all of my stuff back on if I'm going to have to back everything up again and format.
I am having the same issues with my LG G7 One as Michael23. I have done a factory reset as well and it didn't resolve the problem. I do not want to go through the same headaches as Michael23. Koodo - please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am having the same issues with my LG G7 One as Michael23. I have done a factory reset as well and it didn't resolve the problem. I do not want to go through the same headaches as Michael23. Koodo - please help!
You can deal with LG directly instead and follow their warranty process. Otherwise you must follow the Koodo warranty process
It appears to be a common issue. Hopefully LG will provide a fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg7/comments/cytulh/wifi_issues_g7_one/
https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg7/comments/cwmpvv/infuriating_wifi_issue_with_lg_g7_one/
https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg7/comments/d2qz30/g7_one_losing_wifi_connection/