Koodo Community

Community

Good news everyone! Thanks Koodo for paving the way yet again.

This is good news: http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/07/09/koodo-mobile-shifting-towards-a-three-tier-tab-system-small-medium-large/ Though I'm now curious as to these new "Tab Large" plans.

54 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That should make a [b]lot of people happy 😃 - I think it was one of the most requested features in this forum!
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

That should make a [b]lot of people happy 😃 - I think it was one of the most requested featu...

I couldn't find this info on koodomobile.com site or Koodo facebook page!
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

That should make a [b]lot of people happy 😃 - I think it was one of the most requested featu...

It is not official yet, it's just from leaked internal documents.
Userlevel 2
*monthly charge of $5 or $10 until the balance is $0 on the tabs over $150. Also, their are qualifying plans for these increased tabs. Overall it's an improvement, if you use the tab the way you use it now then it's 5% more per month towards it. But if you want to take advantage of the new tiers and increased maximum, you're paying a monthly fee essentially and need a plan that qualifies for it. I see this kind of as 1 step forward, two steps back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

*monthly charge of $5 or $10 until the balance is $0 on the tabs over $150. Also, their are qual...

Reading the information on that site, especially the second bullet, it states that the new Tab Small is the same as the original tab, and the two new tiers are optional... So I guess if it leaves people more choices without taking away what they currently have, it can't be a bad thing 🙂 Can't wait for Koodo to explain this in more detail, I would probably have lots of questions 😃
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

*monthly charge of $5 or $10 until the balance is $0 on the tabs over $150. Also, their are qual...

This was your idea mattjs. 🙂 Sort of. You are right, that's it's a fee, but the choice is yours. It's financing your phone in a sense. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/increase_the_tab
mattjs wrote:

It's half-existing + half-T-Mobile method of dealing with subsidy. The existing device subsidy reduction model is x% from the bill while T-Mobile mobile is a total separation between subsidy and the phone plan.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

Yes I'm aware of the general concept lol, just not a fan of it, imo. It's additional monthly out of pocket fees if you want to take advantage of the higher tab tiers. I think what this really does is make the likes of Virgin and Fido look pretty appealing, they have roughly the same types of plans, and they offer their 'tabs' without the additional monthly fees.
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Maybe the plans will be priced a little cheaper, as they should be, though... allowing those who BYOD to still enjoy the comparatively [most of the time] lower priced plans plus a 10% rebate as the cherry on top! We'll see what Koodo does to its plans soon enough. I probably won't move from prepaid, but who knows!
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

I still like T-Mobile's way a bit more though. Separate plan pricing and subsidy. Offer the best plan you can, and the customer will simply spread device payments over the next 24 months, all rolled into one simple monthly payment
Userlevel 1
I don't see it as a step back as long as the monthy fee is put towards the tab $. Koodo is a business, and it need to recoup the cost of the phone. If someone is willing to have the latest gadget then by all means they should be ready to pay the price. Paying in installments over period of time will have less of a hit on someone's wallet and easier to take. Good job Koodo.. glad I jumped ship when I did.
Userlevel 6
Overall it's pretty good. If someone sticks with the current $150 tab and is on a $25 plan, it would take 40 months to clear under the Tab model in place right now. With the new one, there is no monthly charge for a $150 tab AND Koodo's contribution moves up to 15% AND they clear after 24 months! By wiping it clear after 24 months, they basically give you $60 with the aforementioned parameters. Now that the Tab's been taken care of, let's see what new plans they bring to the table!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In the Summary at the bottom, the 4th bullet says the Medium Tab can be for any Monthly Plan and in the 2nd pic it says for plans $30 or greater. I wonder if that means all plans will now start from $30. I doubt this, but I wondering if the 15% is also taken from the Tab charge. I also hope that the Tab will also increase above the +$150 mark but again I doubt it based on what I see here. I do not see much about building tab, only paying tab balance. Maybe positive tabs are disappearing? I also wonder how referrals will affect the clearing of the Tab amount. As TopperCNC says above, "they basically give you $60 with the aforementioned parameters". But if you had referrals, does that eliminate this benefit?
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

In the Summary at the bottom, the 4th bullet says the Medium Tab can be for any Monthly Plan and ...

They could convert referrals to $25 Koodo.gift cards or simply shave $25 off your next bill 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

In the Summary at the bottom, the 4th bullet says the Medium Tab can be for any Monthly Plan and ...

I would be all for that!
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

The only downside to this is the amount of new posts we'll have around here with the title "Confused about the Tab".... hehehe, brace yourselves!
Userlevel 4
I love how employees are told NOT to bring devices that can take pictures to their desks yet stuff like this gets leaked 😛 Anyway....as TopperCNC has said.... https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo-en/attachment/untitled_inline.bmp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I love how employees are told NOT to bring devices that can take pictures to their desks yet stu...

Spies are everywhere!!! Makes corporate espionage so much easier these days
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I love how employees are told NOT to bring devices that can take pictures to their desks yet stu...

That's why certain places are training "hackers" I heard lol
Userlevel 6
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

This picture will always make me chuckle, hehe
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

It looks like he's singing into a microphone
Instead of feeding into these "rumors"(regardless of there being pictures) why not wait until Koodo makes an official announcement? Even if Koodo is doing this, I doubt they'll comment or even provide any answers.
AlexiKrov wrote:

Instead of feeding into these "rumors"(regardless of there being pictures) why not wait until Koo...

"Rumours" tend not to have evidence to back them up, but yes they don't have to comment. We'll find out soon either way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AlexiKrov wrote:

Instead of feeding into these "rumors"(regardless of there being pictures) why not wait until Koo...

We have been told by koodo that we can talk about it, it's not a rumour it's 100% true.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AlexiKrov wrote:

It will be released on the 14th of July, the only visual proof is shown in the pics in the article from Mobile syrup as far as you will be able to see. The only other proof is us mobile Masters private conversations with Koodo's employees who let us know things before the general public. It's one of the advantage to becoming a mobile master. If a mobile master says koodo told them something you can 100% trust that due to the things they let us all know before the public.