Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Given new iphone, can I use the new iphone and still pay off old iphone on tab?

My sister is giving me her old iphone 5S because she upgraded to the 6. I have a 4S that is still being paid off on the tab. Am I able to activate the 5S at no cost, but continue to pay off the 4S same as I was before from my tab? I don't want to use the new phone if I have to pay out my tab on my old phone to use it.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Yes you can.  Keep paying your Tab. Just go into self serve and update your Phone info,  imei and sim.
You will need a new Nano sim for the 5S from a Koodo Kiosk.
Userlevel 7
Spence wrote:

Yes you can.  Keep paying your Tab. Just go into self serve and update your Phone info, &nbs...

The iPhone 4s used a micro sim while the 5s uses a nano Sim . You'll need a new nanosim, you can transfer your service to it by using self-serve and the new sim number. You don't need to update your imei, just the new sim number. The imei will auto update on its own.
Userlevel 1
First thing first it has to be a koodo or telus phone to work unless it's unlocked then you shouldn't have a problem just update your info In the koodo self serve
Userlevel 5
Todd wrote:

First thing first it has to be a koodo or telus phone to work unless it's unlocked then you shou...

Good catch Todd,  I missed that.