Koodo Community

Community

give away Galaxy S 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For next months monthly prize give away a Galaxy S4 now that it's coming to Koodo.

28 replies

I'd be up for winning one of those... Of course, I wouldn't turn down a S2X or S3 either... Pretty much anything beats my old Galaxy Ace... 🙂
Iglooman wrote:

I'd be up for winning one of those... Of course, I wouldn't turn down a S2X or S3 either... Pre...

ditto...
Iglooman wrote:

I'd be up for winning one of those... Of course, I wouldn't turn down a S2X or S3 either... Pre...

I would love to win a galaxy s3 and s4 would be super cool, they would beat my samsung galaxy ace 2x I am sure, but I do love my phone, I really like this community, maybe its the badges, but I like the idea of sharing and winning a prize would be nice, and I am sure it is frustrating if you have been in here doing nice things for the love of technology to see the shiny ticket go to someone else, but its still nice to be sharing,
Hmm, how do i get on the ride to win one?
Buzz Shakespeare wrote:

Hmm, how do i get on the ride to win one?

click on the link, its on the home screen, huge hot pink square, to the right of the page,
Userlevel 7
Hey KID, I guess you didn't pay attention but there will be no giveaway next month and potentially no more at all after this month (But for sure no giveaway in April). You can blame the people who came into this community only to try and win the S3, with no other intentions in mind and bombarding the community will the most useless threads/posts. And that's 90% of the people right now.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Hey KID, I guess you didn't pay attention but there will be no giveaway next month and potentiall...

I'll probably be leaving the community because of this. The recent influx of spammers has basically taken away all the fun around here.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

Hey KID, I guess you didn't pay attention but there will be no giveaway next month and potentiall...

+1 on that. However, I don't really blame the people who came here and posted solely so they could be entered to win the phone, imo that's exactly the expected outcome when you have a contest and tie eligibility to posts. If Koodo wanted to give away a phone, that's cool, but it should be a promotion that's independent of this community. I always here about how we want 'quality' on this board, but promotions of this nature certainly undermine that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Awww... it'll stop soon, Topper... also we have been told that there will be improvements made as to reporting spam, sticky posts, etc... I'm enjoying it here and willing to stick it out 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Topper, if you leave, come back next month when all this is over!
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

lol... thanx guys, hehe. You guys can handle the load effortlessly anyway, my posts won't be missed 😛 Lately I've got posts deleted and policed, so the chrome-plating has worn off in my case. And then came the contest and the attached spammers, so... Still, I have no fear new members will get all the help they need from you guys!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

If the forum has outlived your patience and caused you to post thoughts that were "deleted and policed", then I agree... it might be time to move on... It's no use getting old and sour in a place you don't enjoy any longer. I'm sure the door will always be open to come back 🙂
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Yep, I agree Sophia! It's been fun while it lasted. Lately however, established members have disagreed more and more with my ideas/opinions/whatnot and I found myself arguing more than helping. This was the "stop" signal for me. And frankly, there are more than enough regulars on the forum to help out anyone with anything. I'll probably keep reading, but will most likely refrain from posting. Oh, and btw, the forum needs an "ignore list". If it was available, I'd have asked a couple members to put my name on top of theirs :oP
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

That's too bad. You'll be missed.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

ile2010: Don't worry mate, I'll keep reading the forums, and might even post at times. I enjoy interacting with many members of the forum. It's the arguing with some that killed me, and having some of my later posts policed really soured me (I don't ever pretend to be perfect, but you know the feeling you get when someone has the forum-power to give you the middle finger). Now, keep it up guys, I still need to be entertained reading posts :oP
Userlevel 5
Ahmad wrote:

Topper, I hope you come back as soon as possible because you really helped the community a lot! You will be missed 🙂
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Thanx for the kind words John!
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

J'espère que ce n'est pas de ma faute O.o
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

Ahmad, I totally agree with you, but I am posting this only to say that I agree with you and that it will give me an extra chance to win the S3. (sarcasm) But honestly, some of the higher posters should not play that game too (posting just to get extra entries), especially the ones that are knowledgeable. You are just undermining your credibility... As for the "noobs", I think that Koodo wanted attract as much attention to the koodoists community as it could and I think in that sense, mission accomplished. But you are right, there has been a lot of spamming. 😞
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Topper please don't go. Again.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

I second that.....Topper your views/responses were always welcomed by me. And just because some people didn't agree you shouldn't give much weight to that. It's just a discussion, no more no less. Stick around.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

@Don: Non non, pas du tout votre faute, n'ayez crainte! Nous avons toujours réussi à nous entendre et au bout du compte nous avons toujours eu des discussions civilisées! Et c'était très apprécié, croyez-moi! 🙂 @Chad: I appreciate the support mate, I really do! And I appreciate the interaction I've had with many members over the past 18 months or so. However, I've become frustrated lately and I found myself on the wrong end of the discussion more often than not. Also had a post deleted for a reason I don't agree with. All in all, the direction the forum is headed for might not fit me as well now as it did before. Sophia rightly pointed out that it's better to leave while still in a good mood than to wait and leave sour, just like hockey players should do, haha. As I said earlier, I'll keep reading, I need my enterainment :oP Not saying I won't ever post again, but for the most part, I'll remain silent.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

@Chris: I know what you mean, but it gets on your back after a while. I remember a couple of months ago, Don and myself had very different opinions about adding a French section to the forums. Thankfully though, Don is a very respectful member and in the end, we had civilized discussions and found a common ground to agree on. And THAT was really appreciated by me. Lately though, when I asked for clarifications about an argument (not with Don, lol), my request was met with the silent treatment (the polite equivalent of raising your middle finger at someone). When my girlfriend pulls this on me I get mad with anger, so I let some steam out and decided I had better things to do than argue on a forum, hehe. And then I had a post removed... Paint me childish if you will, I did not take it well. Anyways, just like with anything else, people come and go. Still, thanx for the kind words Chris! 🙂
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Respectful, knowledgeable and informative immediately come to mind. Have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your contributions Topper. Your reasoning in this matter is understandable and as other community members have indicated (myself now included), you will be sorely missed. I appreciate the fact that you're still willing to contribute, perhaps in a lesser fashion than previous and that's better than nothing. Rest assured, we'll keep you entertained, lol. All the best!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

@TopperCNC, dude don't leave because of getting a post deleted or at least don't take real offense to it, I've had a few post deleted as well in the past as well. Just don't think that your doing anything wrong because of it and that your efforts or opinions here are not welcome because of it, as you can see your appreciated here man. @Ahmad look when I posted this, it was before Koodo made tg statement that they won't be having a contest again in April, so it's not that I wasn't paying attention lol. You were the one not paying attention man lol. It does sucjk that they won't be having a contest again in April but my suggestion is still possible if they bring the contest back in some sort for May. I've heard now that it will be early May that the Galaxy S4 will be released. I think if they do just announce the contest here and not on Facebook we could all enjoy It and just spread the word by mouth to grow the community. Letting all our friends know about it and the incentive of the contest while directing them how the forum is wanted to be run. Fingers crossed it comes back in some way 🙂