Koodo Community

Community

Solved

gift card question

Hi could I sign up for a new activation and get the.gift card ($100) then transfer my old number to the new phone? Current phone is already with koodo and the.gift card is only with new activation?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You cannot port your Koodo monthly plan number to another Koodo monthly plan account. An alternative is to port your old number to Koodo prepaid. Then after a month (since the port takes time to complete fully in the back-end) you can port your prepaid number to your new Koodo account. Seems like a lot of work for a.gift card though.
Dennis wrote:

You cannot port your Koodo monthly plan number to another Koodo monthly plan account. An alter...

I think I lost my.gift card , please let me know what I can do 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You cannot port your Koodo monthly plan number to another Koodo monthly plan account. An alter...

That same thing you would do if you lost a $100 bill.
Userlevel 3
Dennis wrote:

Is that what you do when you lose your credit card Dennis?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

A credit card has assigned ownership like a drivers license or passport. A.gift card has no assigned ownership like cash or a pen that you might lose and never see it every again
Userlevel 3
Dennis wrote:

I agree with Dennis. A.giftcard is like cash. You lose it's gone, unless it was registered and you report it lost and it is cancelled in time.Then you go to the bank or whoever issued the card and they may give you another card with whatever is left on the other one.