Koodo Community
Question

Gift card

• 29 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I see on the website it says Samsung Galaxy A71 comes with $100 visa gift card. When I log in to my account the offer disappears. Is it for new customers only?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is indeed for new activations only, not upgrades.

Fido and Virgin have the same deal on the same phone for new activations only. Seems odd that all 3 companies have incentive to switch to their competitors 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Fido and Virgin have the same deal on the same phone for new activations only. Seems odd that all 3 companies have incentive to switch to their competitors 🤔

This is a very common practice. I see with banks for example all the time having promos for if you sign up with them you get $X.XX or a free ipad, but existing customers can’t. Everyone gets their promo when they first sign up with a company and its up to you whether you want to bother with switching or not companies every couple years or not.

I’d suggest visiting a Koodo store if possible as they can sometimes provide offers richer than what appears online or something that can compensate for you not getting the gift card.

Do we get it if we are adding a line to our account? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do we get it if we are adding a line to our account? 

Yes, if you add a line to your account. It is considered as a new activation.

Also, make sure you see the credit applied or gift mentioned in the checkout screen when you proceed to pay. You should also take a snapshot of the offer in case there is a problem later.