Koodo Community
Solved

Getting calls and texts from people asking for another person

Hello, 

I recently changed my number to a new one because I was being spoofed. And with my current phone number I  am still getting calls and texts from people addressed to another person. I don’t want to have to go through the process of changing my phone number all over again because that is a long process. So what do I do about this situation?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 11 June 2021, 17:00

Hello, 

I recently changed my number to a new one because I was being spoofed. And with my current phone number I  am still getting calls and texts from people addressed to another person. I don’t want to have to go through the process of changing my phone number all over again because that is a long process. So what do I do about this situation?

If it is getting exceedingly annoying and you do not want to change your number again, you can consider enabling the Call Control feature to block any unwanted calls. You can add this on your Self-Serve account. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems like it isn't a brand new number and that person never updated their number, so you're still getting their calls. There isn't much to do except reply to them all saying you're someone else with a new number, if you wish to keep it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, 

If it is getting exceedingly annoying and you do not want to change your number again, you can consider enabling the Call Control feature to block any unwanted calls. You can add this on your Self-Serve account. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control