Koodo Community
Solved

Free Gift

Userlevel 2
I was wondering if someone could tell me what the free.gift is with the LG Stylo 3 Plus. I see that it is a $100.00.gift.  Also if I pay full price for the phone will I still get to keep my $10.00 discount for bring my own phone that was given in December for one year?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Found in the nitty gritty 

Free bonus.gift when you buy online at koodomobile.com. Free.gift amount at participating Koodo store and retail partner locations may vary.

My guess is that's it is a.gift card.

Also if I pay full price for the phone will I still get to keep my $10.00 discount for bring my own phone that was given in December for one year?

It's stated that the discount is for one year, so I'd say that's the case. You'll keep it.
Userlevel 6
I think the $10 BYOD discount requires not having a tab? Isn't that a requirement for maintaining the discount?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

I think the $10 BYOD discount requires not having a tab? Isn't that a requirement for maintaining...

Correct but if the phone was bought outright from Koodo he should still be able to recieve the discount.
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

I think the $10 BYOD discount requires not having a tab? Isn't that a requirement for maintaining...

In that case, the customer would still be no tab, so that makes sense (and probably wouldn't get the same discounts on the device versus putting it on a tab).
Mind you, taking the device on an existing line will likely rule out the free.gift (which are almost always exclusive to new activations).
Userlevel 6
Bottom line, to OP's two questions:
  1. You get a free.gift if you activate as a new line (can be same account), not as an upgrade. If ordering from webstore, it'll probably be a VISA card. If you get the phone in-store, it can be a prepaid credit card, in-store.gift card, grocery store points, in-store credit towards accessories, etc. Looks like Wow Mobile carries the LG Stylo 3, so you might benefit from their trade-in deal as a new or existing subscriber (aside the free.gift).
  2. To keep your 10% off BYOD discount, you'd have to pay the device in full (meaning remain as no tab on your monthly bill).